Next step-up Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Matthew S

Reaction score
I am a hobbyist woodworking. I have been using the Evolution Rage 5S table saw for a few years. I have been very happy with it but am starting to reach some of its limitations as I take on more complex projects and want better accuracy.

What would you recommend as the next upgraded table saw to consider.

thanks

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
If not needing to be mobile then cast iron.

If mobile then a Bosch Makita / DeWalt will be a bit better accuracy mut you may kick yourself for not getting a proper cabinet saw.

Make sure it's an induction motor too. So much more pleasant.

Cheers James

againstthegrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Makita MLT100 table saw with which I have been very happy - 260mm blade and good accuracy... but I think if I were looking now and did not need such a large cut I might be tempted by a track saw instead of a table saw. I guess a lot depends on the space you have and your budget. I am also a hobby woodworker, not a professional cabinet-maker. So it is only a thought...

Fitzroy

All the gear...
Reaction score
Many of us on here have gone the secondhand route. Wadkin AGS 10, Startrite 175/275, Kity 618/619, etc. All great saws but may need some work to get set up running sweet and true.

DanZ56

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an Evolution Fury 5s that I bought recently as my first table saw. My first project is to build a new table and migrate the saw chassis into it, as I quickly realized that the existing table seemed to be very limiting. If your Evolution saw itself is in good order, maybe you could consider just building a new table for it.

Cheers,
Dan