Next step up from a Dewalt DW745?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickmick

Reaction score
I currently own a DW745 and it has served me well.
I am looking at going up a notch in a table saw, after I move workshop in a month or so.
What do you suggest?
I tried an old Startrite, which was pretty good, but the fence was quite temperamental, and was also in imperial, which isn't my preference.
I really wish we could get those Delta saws they have in the States, with the Beisermeyer fences. I would love a small version of these. Anything like this available in the UK?
Otherwise I may just go up to the dewalt dwe7492, as I like the Dewalt fence, but just need a bit more power.
What other options are available?

What exactly are you after? A small site saw or a proper cabinet style saw?

Pretty much any saw can be retrofitted quite easily with a better fence system if it's not up to scratch with what you're after. I'd recommend a Wadkin AGS or a Startrite 275 if a cabinet style saw is what you're after.

I have the dewalt for site work which I love, but in the workshop I have tried many different saws but I am now very satisfied with my Sedgwick T315.
You can get a good one on eBay for about £1200 with the sliding table.
Solid made, cast iron top, simple to adjust and maintain.
Although there is a axminster American style saw with all the extras , cast iron table, (router table built in) that might be worth a look, might be pricey!

I'd have said dw746. it's a really good saw. maybe available used but isnt made anymore. 13/4 hp. cast iron with all the bells. the axi ones look pretty good but probably very chinese. a small euro panel saw would knock spots off all them american style things if you've got room. but it's difficult to argue with the versatility of the us style saw in the smallish home workshop. ie I have ways to crosscut accurately 8 by 4 down to tiny trays. also dado and accurately rebate. cut large tenons. etc etc.
I know many of these ops need extra guarding but .....

Back