Next project: Window Seat/Ottoman - any thoughts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vormulac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

As it looks like I might eventually get my workshop emptied of other people's junk (mutter mutter long story) and finally be in a position to be able to do some work in it, my wife has requested a window-seat or ottoman (padded seat with concealed storage, at any rate) for her study.

This is still at the very earliest stage (Hell, I haven't even properly planned out where everything in my workshop is going to go once I can see the floor again) but I wondered if anyone had attempted something similar and had any thoughts they might like to share on the matter?

Thanks all!

V.

To go in a "square" bay, "angled" bay window or just in front of regular window?

Come to think of it, now I've read your post properly (LOL) - and the word study would suggest infront of a regular window. The reason I mentioned bay windows is that sometimes - they are "fitted" into the bays. Whereas in from of a regular window - they end up being freestanding pieces.

Someone made a blanket box\chest a while ago on here - that might represent a starting point. Will try and dig out a link.

HIH

Dibs

Hi Dibs,

The original genesis of this project was indeed to be fitted into an angled bay, but sadly we have since moved to a non bay-fronted house, so it is as you correctly surmised to go in front of a bog-standard straight window. I guess making it as a free-standing item would probably be the way to go.

Cheers!

Back