Quantcast

Next Moderator Online

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
If you need any assistance or information or have a problem with the site please post here.
As soon as one of the moderating team log on, any issues or problems will be addressed.

Posts will be left up for a day or two in case they may be of benefit to the membership.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I note I do not have to log in these days, has the logging in system discontinued.( I came in via the yesterdays posted messages?)

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
If you log in and have tick mark in "Stay logged in", the XenForo system puts a cookie (a small file) on your computer with your session information associated with the browser you are using. As long as you don't log out or delete the cookie, you will not have to go through the log in process the next time you visit using the same browser. This has become standard for all discussion boards.

Login-1.jpg

AJB Temple

Finely figured
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Please can you let me know how the £20 annual subscription works: specifically does it renew automatically? For the avoidance of doubt I do not want my subscription auto renewed.

When I check my account settings there is only a "cancel" button, but it does not tell me if that cancels my account immediately or only on the renewal date next year. Hence I have not used that button so far.

If it cancels the account immediately is the unused subscription refunded?

This does not appear to be addressed in either the forum T&Cs or the forum "global" rules.

Thank you, Adrian

AJB Temple

Finely figured
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. Since Angie is also a moderator as well as a representative of the US owners I thought that she might reply. It is a fairly basic question regarding subscription contractual policy and really ought to be disclosed in the T&Cs I suggest. KR, Adrian

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
For a while I have had issues with some of the posts being slow to download, pictures taking a few minutes to fully open. When I check the pictures I am finding them to be 3 plus megabytes each. I am in a rural area that uses wifi towers several kilometres away to get my internet from. These big pictures are making some threads not worth reading because of the loading times and it happens every time I go back to a thread to see the new posts. Can limits to the picture sizes be set or can the forum software be set to resize the pictures to something reasonable like half or one megabyte at the most for us internet primatives?
I hate to whine but...
Pete

Keith

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Please can you let me know how the £20 annual subscription works: specifically does it renew automatically? For the avoidance of doubt I do not want my subscription auto renewed.

When I check my account settings there is only a "cancel" button, but it does not tell me if that cancels my account immediately or only on the renewal date next year. Hence I have not used that button so far.

If it cancels the account immediately is the unused subscription refunded?

This does not appear to be addressed in either the forum T&Cs or the forum "global" rules.

Thank you, Adrian
Your subscription resides in your personal PayPal account, you can login to your account and look at subscriptions, if there is one you can cancel in your account.

AES

Established Member
Reaction score

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd still like to see the answers to Adrian's other questions - what's the effect of cancelling before the end of a year, and do you get a pro-rata refund? Both very reasonable questions which ought to be covered in your appeal for funds.

Reactions: AES

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
And what happens if a member (like me) does NOT use Paypal please?
It tells you in the link :-

If you don’t have a PayPal account, you should contact the merchant directly to cancel the agreement

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
It tells you in the link :-

If you don’t have a PayPal account, you should contact the merchant directly to cancel the agreement
OK, thanks Doug. I confess I didn't follow the link (as I don't have a PayPal account I didn't think it would apply to me).

AJB Temple

Finely figured
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Your subscription resides in your personal PayPal account, you can login to your account and look at subscriptions, if there is one you can cancel in your account.

Thank you. Actually my PayPal account is merely a payment mechanism. My question is about your forum policy regarding "supporter subscriptions". I would like to know, as part of my contract with you, governed by legislation:

1 If you will try to take a subscription from me automatically next year and what is the process or mechanism for me preventing that; and

2 If I wish (not that I necessarily do) to cease to be a UKW subscribing supporter, do I get a refund, and on what basis, if I cancel?

Please would you be so kind as to answer these contractual questions specifically please rather than directing me to a third party who is not a party to my contract with UKW.

In my opinion, this is basic contractual information that should be covered in your terms and conditions of business that is published for members and users.

Many thanks, and kind regards, Adrian

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
For a while I have had issues with some of the posts being slow to download, pictures taking a few minutes to fully open. When I check the pictures I am finding them to be 3 plus megabytes each. I am in a rural area that uses wifi towers several kilometres away to get my internet from. These big pictures are making some threads not worth reading because of the loading times and it happens every time I go back to a thread to see the new posts. Can limits to the picture sizes be set or can the forum software be set to resize the pictures to something reasonable like half or one megabyte at the most for us internet primatives?
I hate to whine but...
Pete
The maximum uploaded attachment is 15,000 KB. It was smaller but someone complained that 10240 was too small, so I upped it.
The maximum number of attachments per post is 10
The size is 1200 pixels horizontal 900 pixels vertical
Thumbnail size is now 300 pixel square.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
Thank you. Actually my PayPal account is merely a payment mechanism. My question is about your forum policy regarding "supporter subscriptions". I would like to know, as part of my contract with you, governed by legislation:

1 If you will try to take a subscription from me automatically next year and what is the process or mechanism for me preventing that; and

2 If I wish (not that I necessarily do) to cease to be a UKW subscribing supporter, do I get a refund, and on what basis, if I cancel?

Please would you be so kind as to answer these contractual questions specifically please rather than directing me to a third party who is not a party to my contract with UKW.

In my opinion, this is basic contractual information that should be covered in your terms and conditions of business that is published for members and users.

Many thanks, and kind regards, Adrian
MmMm!

I was just about to subscribe, but I am not subscribing to anything that requires me to take action to prevent further payments.

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
The maximum uploaded attachment is 15,000 KB. It was smaller but someone complained that 10240 was too small, so I upped it.
The maximum number of attachments per post is 10
The size is 1200 pixels horizontal 900 pixels vertical
Thumbnail size is now 300 pixel square.
Thanks for the reply Angie.
Maybe it is the linked pictures rather than the ones loaded to the site, I don't know? This thread DIY Rail Square takes 30 seconds or more to load the first post. From what I can see by downloading a couple to my computer they are over 3.2 megabytes each and almost fill the screen of my 27" iMac. I don't think there is any reason to have them that big other than to make it easy for people to bypass resizing to something reasonable. I will try a thread and if it takes over 20 or 30 seconds to open fully I will close it and avoid that discussion in the future. I'm not trying to have the forum customized to suit me but life is too short to spend waiting for threads to open especially when if is revisited multiple times.
take care
Pete

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
@Inspector, now that I've limited the size of the images it may be better for you. Give it a try and see if it works better now.