News (Gloat warning)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally off subject but about Lincolnshire this is a true story. On a boating holiday on the river Witham we moored up near a remote village some miles from Boston.While my wife and her sister started to prepare a meal my brother-in-law and Myself decided that the liquor store was a bit depleted and set off to look for supplies. By some unerring instinct we quickly found the village pub and casually wandered inside.The silence when we entered was eerie. We stumbled across a stone flagged floor to the bar.Although there were few people in the pub every eye in the place followed our progress.An elderly chap got up from one of the tables and asked what he could do for us.After ordering our beer we remembered our mission, spying a couple of mixers on a shelf behind the bar we bought those an I asked the landlord "Do you have any Baccardi please?"
A puzzled look crossed his face, then as though a long forgotten memory surfaced he replied"Nah! since those 'murricans left the airfields we don't have any call for that russian stuff."

Newbie_Neil":20svfvm2 said:
Clue. It's between West Bridgford and Ruddington. Oh, it's neither Wilford nor Tollerton. In fact, it is surrounded by West Bridgford, Ruddington, and Tollerton.
Does that make it John-boy's brother, Edward, then? Please say yes, so's I can stop wondering. :?

You get pubs like that west of here too. Generally dimly lit, which is probably a blessing... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf

Alf":1avek4ea said:
Does that make it John-boy's brother, Edward, then? Please say yes, so's I can stop wondering. :? You get pubs like that west of here too. Generally dimly lit, which is probably a blessing... :wink: Cheers, Alf

Yes you're correct, well done. :wink:

But I think he preferred to be called Ed. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Latest posts

Back