UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clogs

just can't decide
Reaction score
Just to say hello.......and looking for some interesting topics to read......
Been around the wood job for a long time (now 71) and very active........
needed wood skills to make patterns for castings....that's to make new parts for antique cars, m/cycles and tractors......mostley pre 1920's.....
luckily have an understanding wife who lets me have the tools, toy's n machines I need.....
She just bought me a large Sicar, Italy cast iron multi purp wood machine (3/4 ton)...large saw,.planner, thicknesser, spindle moulder, plus a Wadkin RS wood lathe, there's to much other stuff to list but as I say a very lucky man........
I have a semi pro Tiawanese wood lathe as well but this is to teach my wife how to turn......once she's up and safe running I have a couple of 1/2 ton Olive logs to make a few large bowls and platters.......should be fun..
I had a good Japanese friend in California who used to turn wood bowls starting out around the 2ton mark......big enough to bathe in....hahaha...he built his own lathe with an overhead gantry......I lived there for 5 years......nice wood and burls over there and affordable.....
anyway.....
Just gotta build my new workshop and get the 3phase in.....
will try to upload photo's....not so good with comps tho.........
Frank

Welcome, you have come to the right place - the folk here are very helpful, friendly and civilised.......

Latest posts

Back