Newbie table saw advice needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that looks good, on of the main things you need for a saw is lots of table space, its very limiting if you only have a small table. That one could do you for quite a while. If you have a cheap jig saw you can do curves as well and you'd be sorted.

one point tho - both of those auctions have 6 days to go so are likely to end well outside your budget - especially the second one

(incidentally Metabo and EB are the same thing , metabo is just the new branding , i dont know if they took over eb or if it is literally the same company)

there are a lot of EB315s on ebay - which isnt a bad saw and is often quite cheap

yea i know they will go way up, and i'm sure the second one will go over. However i can get the first one new, within budget. So ill see how the auctions go first.

I'll keep a look out for 315's too, thanks.

big soft moose":2qu1vde4 said:
one point tho - both of those auctions have 6 days to go so are likely to end well outside your budget - especially the second one

(incidentally Metabo and EB are the same thing , metabo is just the new branding , i dont know if they took over eb or if it is literally the same company)

there are a lot of EB315s on ebay - which isnt a bad saw and is often quite cheap

Metabo actually took Elektra Beckum over about 10 years ago.

Cheers

Mike

I like the look of those Makita saws with the telescopic extensions. If I had the space to store it, I'd buy one myself, purely for cutting sheet materials (I'm more than happy cutting saw timber on a large bandsaw).

With radial arm saws, the only feature that really appeals to me is that you can perform trenching cuts. With or without a dado blade, I'd prefer using a RAS to a table saw and even a SCMS. But generally speaking, I find a sliding compound mitre saws are much easier and more convenient to maintain and use. You have all the preset angles and at least you can cut on the push-stroke, with the blade moving against the direction of rotation. Radial arm saws can be more dangerous, if you don't have much experience with them.

But, of course, you can only crosscut on one of these (not that I'd recommend ripping on a RAS, either! :?). :)

Back