Newbie say Hello, and looking for some advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey are pretty easy to make, either with detachable whorls or fixed ones. I did a few medeiva / tudor stylel ones for someone who does re-enactment as well. Give me a shout if you want instructions

Pete

Oh Joy, Oh Joy. At last, someone who can string whole sentences without spelling mistakes, back to front words, use punctuation and so on, and on, and on. 8) 8) 8)
welcome Stormsinger, to the forum.
You would do well to find a forum member living near to you for hands on tuition.
It could save you time, money, and a lot of frustration..:lol:
Best of luck.

John. B

John. B":t1kjkhnp said:
Oh Joy, Oh Joy. At last, someone who can string whole sentences without spelling mistakes, back to front words, use punctuation and so on, and on, and on. 8) 8) 8)

John. B

Try typing to one side on an old keyboard that sticks. It isn't easy :cry:

Bodrighy":1rt2blba said:
John. B":1rt2blba said:

John. B

I Don,t now what U meen%? :-k

As for painting goes SS, I paint my spindles, wood turning, spinning, Knitting THEN sell it .. Three hobbies for the price of one :lol:

John. B":1ijd55xs said:
You would do well to find a forum member living near to you for hands on tuition.
Best of luck.

John. B

I'm quite lucky, I live about 5 miles from Mark Hancock's studio, but also I've been going to the evening class he's been teaching as well :), well worth the effort :)

John. B":1kvhyose said:

John. B

"welcome Stormsinger, to the forum" :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

Surely if you are going to get all pedantic on us now, you would take extra care to put all your capital letters in?! :D :D

Mike

eeeeeeeek, it's the turning forum again......

Welcome to one of the best forums (fori?) on the web.

You have embarked on one of the slipperiest slopes known to humanity :D :D :D :D :D

Mike C

Mike Garnham":kmbzhjxh said:
mikec":kmbzhjxh said:
Welcome to one of the best forums (fori?)
Mike C

Fora

Whilst in pedantic mode....... :D

Mike

Mike - you are not allowed over on this forum until we see pictures of YOUR lathe & work.

Welcome SS

John. B":64v1dfs6 said:
Best of luck.

John. B

{Pedantic]Capital W on Welcome ?[/Pedantic]

lurker":3av4nq0l said:
Mike - you are not allowed over on this forum until we see pictures of YOUR lathe & work.

If I were to buy a lathe, wouldn't you expect me to have done a little research beforehand? :wink:

Mike

Mike Garnham":18p3mjhc said:
lurker":18p3mjhc said:

If I were to buy a lathe, wouldn't you expect me to have done a little research beforehand? :wink:

Mike

That sounds very much like an admission to me. What you getting for Christmas Mike?

Pete

loz":rlsma7ww said:
John. B":rlsma7ww said:
Best of luck.

John. B

{Pedantic]Capital W on Welcome ?[/Pedantic]

AAGH! #-o I stand admonished. [-X :oops: :oops:

John. B

Bodrighy":2pg5ujbq said:
Mike Garnham":2pg5ujbq said:
lurker":2pg5ujbq said:

Mike

That sounds very much like an admission to me. What you getting for Christmas Mike?

Pete

I have a photo somewhere...........3 spindles I did for some oak furniture I made a couple of years ago. There is a 4th one still in low-earth orbit due to a small knot in the wrong place.

I have no plans for any Christmas presents along the line you evil people are thinking! I have passed Peter Child's place many a time (he is about 5 miles from me), and never once dropped in. Even if I were to slip in there one day, I am slope-immune!

Mike

Bodrighy":20iil9m8 said:
Thataa's a dung beetle isn't it Mike....is it Horse **** he's pushing there? :p

Pete

No, that's elephant poo going uphill......

I knew there was a photo:
2930361673_da4925f905_b.jpg

My first turnings for over 30 years, and my last for the foreseeable.....
:wink:

Mike

Latest posts

Back