Newbie, Newbie...Who's a Newbie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beech1948

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how long the soubriquet " Newbie" applies. Is it a based on a the number of posts or time spent on site or what....

I shouldn't take too much notice of the rankings. Look at mine; a downright lie if ever I saw one (but I like it
smile.gif
). Anyway you're not that far off promotion now, Beech. The heady heights of "Woodworker" await...

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2szx1x21 said:
I shouldn't take too much notice of the rankings. Look at mine; a downright lie if ever I saw one (but I like it
smile.gif
). Anyway you're not that far off promotion now, Beech. The heady heights of "Woodworker" await...

Cheers, Alf

Blimey, what comes after that then Charley? You have to think of postings to match ALF's rate of postings!!!

Adam

Anyway you're not that far off promotion now, Beech. The heady heights of "Woodworker" await...

Cheers, Alf[/quote]

So what is this heirarchical ( not very modern that eh!) list then.....
Newbie >>>.Woodworker>>>?????>>>master cabinetmaker>>>galactic wood emperor/

beech1948":372ai97o said:
Anyway you're not that far off promotion now, Beech. The heady heights of "Woodworker" await...

Cheers, Alf

Newbie >>>.Woodworker>>>?????>>>master cabinetmaker>>>galactic wood emperor/[/quote]

Next Level - who knows - have to wait for ALF to get there
Master Cabinetmaker -
Master Furnituremaker up to 3000????
Furniture Maker up to 1000
Woodworker up to 200
Forum Newbie up to 50

Only one I don't know about is Cutting Crew - he is "Woodturner" but I don't know where that fits in!

Adam

With Alf posting so much, too much time on the computer it should go to computer woodworker (only joking).

Neil

IIRC there should be "Cabinetmaker" at the 2000 (?) mark. Charley also seems to have the option to give individuals their own unique rank. Hence "Woodturner" and my brief sojourn as "Galoot". The latter would have prevented any headaches created by my, ah, frequent postings but I whined at Charley to change it 'cos it was realistically my only hope of ever being described as a Master Cabinetmaker. I don't aspire as high as chippy...
biggrin.gif
I can't remember if we came up with anything after MC. Ebeniste? I suggested "Chippendale" or "Sheraton" but I may be pushing my luck a bit there...
innocent.gif

Cheers, Alf

Who only posts so much 'cos there's s** all else to do while waiting for stuff to download on my oh-so-slow connection.
annoyed.gif

what about alf of (myth and legend master cabinet maker . mc mj mwb mtce . :wink: :wink: :wink:

beech1948":1qzwf3yw said:

Cheers, Alf

Newbie >>>.Woodworker>>>?????>>>master cabinetmaker>>>galactic wood emperor/[/quote]

for some of us poor souls, it never changes :cry:

Tony,

A bit like gardening then. My wife has the tee shirt with the Head Gardener logo. Maybe I should get her a Christmas Tee with Galactic Wood Emperor on it...her tuit list is enormous..

I just noticed that at 50 posts I have been designated a Woodworker instead of a Newbie. Strange that I feel no different. I guess that now I must start to show some of the projects I have been upto over the Autumn...pictures soonish. I have just finished an pergola of about 12ft by 42ft using a plan ( heavily modified) from Norm. Good value the plan that is.

Some time ago I decided to build my own bench using only handtools. I have the wood but have not started the project yet....I'm still building a modified workshop. The move to use more handtools has caused quite a few changes. I had not considered many of the changes to methods that now seem obvious....eg. Felder cut joint shoulders were always accurate and very well finished either on the saw or the spindle...hand tools mean that I have to finish shoulders of say a tenon with shoulder plane and occasionally a paring chisel. However, its good fun if a little slow.

Latest posts

Back