[newbie] My plan of tools and parts? please advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HungPhung

Reaction score
Dear all,
I have been reading around for a while and finally come to a decision to upgrade my tools and also parts (screws, fixing etcs).
I normally build out door furnitures, cutting log, some small timber building and plan to build a log house

My plan is quite simple, For part (like screws, hinges, etcs) I plan to get them from Wurth. The reason is they have a shop nearby and I plan to change from Philips to Torx screws. I dont know all of their stuffs but the one I got from them seem good quality(?). Can you advice on this?

The cordless tools, I plan to go for Makita as their price seem resonable (?) and also they do lots of tools. I see this is a big debate topics around. I cant really decide, some go dewalt or etcs (I cant afford Miwakeeee). But my main reson for makita is they have mower and chainsaw which can use two 18V batteries. Is it a good move???

For the tablesaw, i cant decide... to go expensive (500 more) or go for the Evolution Range table saw. It seems good enough but some said it is no good for long term?? or no good for making cabinet. :roll: .

Thank you all for reading and replying.
Thank you

I currently have Makita, Dewalt, Festool, Hitachi and Hilti and have not had problems with any of them over many years of use. I think that Makita offer really good quality tools at a realistic price. Its more about looking at what you are going to need and choosing a manufacturer with the range of tools and batteries that make sense for you. With the well known brands you are likely to be fine. Festool cordless drills and jigsaws are equalled in most everyday situations by cheaper and just as capable Makita tools, no doubt the same comment is just as valid for Dewalt.
Nigel

Dear, thank you for you help. I will go to Makita then, as they are a bit cheper and also i have few shop here selling it.

Back