Newbie. JetSs16

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetman770

Reaction score
Thank you admin for approving my registration.
I am completely new to the scroll saw and bought myself a JetSs16 today. I’ve had a brief play with it, practicing some curved lines and straight cuts, not as easy as it looks. My saw doesn’t have a drop foot and I had the timber bouncing around a couple of times. Is it something you get used to or is the foot essential for making better cuts. I’ve looked online but can’t find anywhere that has them although mine looks very similar to those fitted to other brands. Can anyone advise please.

Hi Jetman

Most people take off the foot as soon as they get their machine - it just gets in the way and you can't see what you are doing properly. You will get used to the wood jumping a bit. Just make sure the blade is the right way up, as this will will help to hold the work down. You will find that different woods jump more or less than others, The speed that you are sawing will sometimes make a difference too - I find that if I have the speed set too slow then the wood jumps more (I don't know if your saw has variable speed?)

Jimi

PS. I used to live in Heckington as a child, which I think is just down the road from you. Did you ever got to the JimKim Cafe?

I agree with all that Jim (above) says, The foot just gets in the way, you don't need it. You just need to hold the work down firmly.

Latest posts

Back