Newbie in need of advice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glarhzilla

Reaction score
Hi all. Hope you're all well.
We're having a porch canopy built with a soft wood supporting beam(vertical) that'll sit on a staddle stone. Anyway Ive used liberon ethanol light oak dye before and loved the colour. The question I have can I use this on the pressure treated post? Also what varnish would be suggested to use to protect it from UV damage and discoloration? Appreciate your time.

Is there any offcuts left over, of the actual wood that was used?
Testing it out like that first would be your best bet.
It should say on the tin whether it’s suitable for external use.
You might be better off just using a coloured varnish, something like Rustins Quick Dry Outdoor Woodstain Light Oak.
I’ve not used it but might be worth looking at

Is there any offcuts left over, of the actual wood that was used?
Testing it out like that first would be your best bet.
It should say on the tin whether it’s suitable for external use.
You might be better off just using a coloured varnish, something like Rustins Quick Dry Outdoor Woodstain Light Oak.
I’ve not used it but might be worth looking at
Ah nice one pal. I'll check it out. It's hard to find oak colours that arnt orangey. Thanks for your advice.

Osmo ‘raw’ contains a white tint to simulate the look of untreated wood

The OSMO website is a great source of info for their various products and applications and their Tech Support have always responded to me promptly with more detailed questions.

The OSMO website is a great source of info for their various products and applications and their Tech Support have always responded to me promptly with more detailed questions.
I'll have a look and ask them some questions. Thank you mate. I've also ordered the tinted osmo uv in oak (sample size) to see how it goes. 👍🏻

Back