Newbie in Ireland!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKen

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I moved house a year ago and had to say bye to my double garage workshop but am missing working with wood so much!! I have a shed and I am minded to move into scroll saw work and have learnt so much from this group so far! I am in N. Ireland and am wondering if there is anyone on here from N. Ireland or even Ireland. I would love to maybe chat & see some live work before splashing out on my first scroll saw though I have already learnt a lot here, especially from the two pinned posts about the differences in machines.

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Ken, welcome to UKW. I'm sure you'll find the site very useful and friendly and there are several members based in your neck of the woods

Hi Droogs, thanks for the welcome. Glad to hear there are fellow country persons here! I would love to be able to see some saw(s) in action and find out where on this island I could get saws, suitable wood and ancillary bits & pieces that I am going to need - so anyone anyone prepared to have me bend their ear, I would love to meet you!

Ken

Hi Ken and "'Bout ye?". I hail originally from Limavady, then served 37 years at the chalk face in Campbell College Belfast. I am now a refugee in a strange country (Northumberland) , but I still have relatives in the Roe Valley.
This is a great wee forum, full of characters and some of them actually work wood!
Sam

'Bout ye Sam - thanks for the welcome. Did you know Derrick Boyd at Campbell?
Feel like I know Northumberland after binging on 'Vera' and reading LJ Ross books through the lockdown - desperately need to get back working some wood!
Cheers, k

Derrick? Absolutely! Taught in the next building over from him for years and saw him regularly after he retired. Last saw him on a pushbike at Connswater about two years ago, (think he may have hung up his leathers) and he was in great shape.

Sam

P.S. you should soon be able to P.M. me - and others. The limit used to be three initial posts, but I think it went up to 5 or 10 at some point. Others forumites please clarify? S.

Ken, try McGregors for wood. They are just up from The Odessy Arena, in the shadow of a big yella landmark ( that moves). 8)
Sam

Latest posts

Back