Newbie Gloat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByronBlack

Established Member
Reaction score
Not really a gloat as such, just a very happy man and his new toy:

43307923_2ce5e23f44.jpg

There are some photo-sets of some guitar building that i'm doing that might be of interest to some of you, and some shots of my workshop/shed in the 'wood-butchery' photo set.

I forgot to add the link - stupid me!!
Here's the link to my photo-sets:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/byronblack/

Hi Byron

I'm sure you're going to enjoy it very much.

I would dearly love one but, as Steve can testify, space is at a little bit of a premium. :cry:

Cheers
Neil

Byron,
Looks like a gloat to me, nice saw. :tool:

ByronBlack":2ff6qoun said:
There are some photo-sets of some guitar building that i'm doing that might be of interest to some of you, and some shots of my workshop/shed in the 'wood-butchery' photo set.
How about a link? I am a curious [nosy] type and would love a look round your shop. :whistle:

I've just added a link to the photosets on the original post, my workshop isn't much at the moment, although I do have a 12'x20' (ish) garage that I will soon be converting, i'm really looking forward to doing that as I get to build my own bench and storage.

Philly - you'll see from the photoset (wood-butchery) that i've taken pictures of specific parts of the bandsaw, and I have also got some 'action' shots of it in use which I'll be using as part of a review.

As an aside, the handle/clamp unit on the fence was cracked on one side which left the fence sitting at an angle when clamped to the support, phoned Axminster today, and a new part was dispatched with no quibble - quality service!

I'll also be doing a review of the Triton compact table and Hitachi C/S for those who want a cheaper option to a table-saw.

Nice pics there Byron, good work.

Looks like that faithfull block plane is getting plenty of action, how are you finding it?

Matt.

Thanks matt,

The faithful block plane is ok, I've never used a better plane so I don't have anything great to compare it too, but it seems to handle the maple and mahogany end-grain quite well. It does need a really good sharpen though, and I have little knowledge in this area at the moment.

I got it with a jack plane for £25 and I would say that its worth the money and pretty useful.

Hi Jim

The chap who runs that website (Perry Ormsby) is a moderator on a guitar building forum that I belong too, unfortuantly he's a bit arrogant and we've had a few cross-words, he is absolute quality though, i'll give him that!

I've just recently re-sawn and glued up some mahogany for some neck - blanks, I have 4 of them at the moment, if you want one I can sell one to you.

Latest posts

Back