Newbie and very, VERY, green

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddsBodkins

Reaction score
Hello.

I came across this forum recently while looking for some information to help me with a restoration I’m currently helping my wife with.

My wife loves hunting around in second hand and junk shops and usually comes back with something for the house. She has some mobility issues so while she does what she can I will pitch in and take over the heavy lifting, happy to be guided by the “creative director”.

I love and appreciate crafts and engineering and I’ve got a bit of a chequered history when it comes to using my hands……

Looking forward to learning and picking up some tips and tricks.

Welcome aboard the good ship UKW!

A lot of friendly knowledgeable folk around.... we like pics too!

Regards

Padster

Actually. I have a few pics that might be interesting.

the first is of the hinges. I need to replace a couple as one is snapped and another is rusted to death. It would be nice to replace like for like but I have no idea if they are still made. Does anyone recognise the makers logo? I also attach a picture of the cabinet manufacturer. I searched the internet and cannot find any record of them. Anyone recognise? This is more for my interest as it would be nice to find out more about its history (so I can impress my wife!)

Photos

Attachments

• 6A16A2CE-129A-4967-AD48-84012DAF9784.jpeg
    6A16A2CE-129A-4967-AD48-84012DAF9784.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 3872BE8A-34A3-4B30-93E7-A02CB9F8BDFB.jpeg
    3872BE8A-34A3-4B30-93E7-A02CB9F8BDFB.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 1
Back