Newbie and a used Hegner....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonah777

Reaction score
Hi all,

Complete newbie to scrolling although not to woodworking, I have today purchased a second hand scroll saw for my first try at scrolling.
The ad said it was a Hegner Multicut 1 which I bought for what I thought was a pretty good price, I saw it working beforehand and it looks a very clean and well looked after bit of kit. Just checked it out closely on getting it home and it is in fact a Hegner Multicut 2-S.....There are however no tools with the saw so do I get them from Hegner or is there anywhere else that sell the required bits I might need...? Also the tubing for the air blower is missing but am guessing that and aquarium plastic tubing will do that job.....The belows are there just the tubing has vanished...Apart from that it all looks and sounds good when running.....Off to look for some decent blades on that well known auction site now....Cheers for any advice you can give....Paul.

Hi Paul.
The only tool I use with my hegner is the key that releases the blade from the holder. Not sure what size but a spanner or adjustable would do the job.
If it doesn't have one then I would get the quick release upgrade.
I also prefer using a foot pedal.
I love the Olsen blades from here.
http://www.woodworkscraftsupplies.co.uk ... qsf3vemi73

The tube I upgraded to the blue flexi type tube they use on metal lathes. I have the vacuum plugged into the side tube on the hegner rather than using the bellows.

You have a great machine.

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul and welcome to the scrolling forum, looks like t'other Paul has answered your questions and you have bought yourself a decent bit of kit there.

Have fun
Brian

Thanks so much for the replies, will look into getting a foot pedal and i'll check out the Hegner website for a quick release blade system..... :D

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum.

I'm in a very similar situation to yourself, I got my 1980s Hegner a couple of months ago and I love it.
It has a few niggles that I'm yet to solve but I'm narrowing it down week by week and it's good to know that all spares are still available.

Happy scrolling.

Carl

Latest posts

Back