Newbie Alert.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too got marked down on my driving test many years ago for not going fast enough by about 5mph.

I don't mind getting done for speeding. It's a fair cop. Put the average speed cameras on all the motorways as I find they work great at stopping people sitting on my bumper and driving better in general. It's also a lot safer if everyone is rocking along doing the same speed.

On the occasions when I've just stuck my cruise on at 65 and wafted home I find I'm way less stressed than if I'm trying to do... Other numbers.. and you keep coming up behind berks in the middle lane for no reason doing 50.

What annoys me about getting done for speeding is that it's easy to catch people doing it, so lots of people get done for it. Conversely people playing on their phones which I see allllll the time is much harder to catch and so less people get caught despite being, I believe, much more dangerous on the road than me doing 72 on a bit of motorway that's been reduced to 60 to help clean up the air.
Human race are a shady lot. They choose to break various traffic laws and most of them are conscious decisions based on the 'what's worked Bias'. When they eventually get caught, its suddenly everyone elses fault............ No one actually makes us break the rules, its personal choice.

driving too slow is actually an offence. depending on the road type and posted speed limit, it could be either careless or dangerous. £100 + 3 points. It's quite subjective though.

So it is a target after all :ROFLMAO:
Not really, there is an obligation to make 'reasonable progress'. This reasonable progress is subject to the road, weather and traffic conditions, the vehicle type and what the driver can see, cannot see but could be reasonably expected to find. It is very subjective but doing 40 on a motorway in good conditions which results in other road users taking action to avoid you would be considered careless driving. It's about looking at the whole picture and considering what a competent and careful driver would do.

Back