New Zealand Compatibility

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
Are British power tools compatible with the electricity supply in New Zealand?

Gill

Yes Gill, 230V, 50Hz, same as here. Just change the plug or use a travel adaptor.

Noel

Gill, as Noel says all you have to do is change the plug. They use 3 pins but the prongs are flat, somewhat (but not compatible) like the ones in the US.

Are you taking a trip to New Zealand.

Regards

Woody

Woodythepecker":13kz0mpo said:
Are you taking a trip to New Zealand.

Dunno. There are New Zealand firms trying to recruit former MG Rover employees, so we're considering the possibility. If I can still do my woodwork out there with the tools I've accumulated, it'll make the journey more palatable.

Gill

My family moved out there 8 years ago (no idea why I didn't go to be honest) and my Dads powertools are all still working fine. Don't think he's changed the plugs he just uses adapters.
As for the place it is fantastic, I go out every year or so and have a great time.

I would second (or is that third, forth ...) everything the other have said. New Zealand is on country that I would be more than happy to emigrate to. Wonderful place and friendly people.

Thanks, guys. We're going to a recruiting fair tomorrow so that we can learn a bit more. Frankly, I don't think anything will come of it but if there's work to be had, we've got to pursue it.

Gill

New Zealand is meant to be a great place :D 8)

Bit of a shame as you've only just built your workshop here :lol:

Good luck for tomorrow :) Just remember you can't get rid of us that easily by moving to the other side of the world :p

Hey Gil,
you beta watch out. Us over here have taken up some of them natives old tastes ay. Yeah, we do have power tools that accept Pommy tools after changing the plugs but we also use the 240 volts to heat up dem big pots for the feast of pakeha flesh ay. :lol:

Some of us are friendly but its best you bring some of those there guns and blankets when you come down here. A few parts for the old Rovers and MG's to would help. A few Trumpy 2.5 parts to wouldn't go a miss. There's one of them in my garage.

Regards
Will

Hi Will

Unfortunately, it looks as if we'll have to meet on the internet for the foreseeable. There were only opportunities for graduate engineers - not surprisingly, hardly anyone from MG Rover stayed long at the New Zealand stand.

So it looks as if we'll be hanging around here for at least another couple of years. I can't say I'm upset - dear ol' Blighty has many compensations :) but I would still like to go to NZ one day.

Gill

Latest posts

Back