New Year's resolutions.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only made one, I intend making 2012 the year I am nice to Jacob!
That gives me just over five hours to .....
(Sorry Jacob,couldn't resist.)
Second New Year's resolution, must try harder!

Roy.

Digit":3f7o4lo5 said:
I've only made one, I intend making 2012 the year I am nice to Jacob!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine is to think about things and plan more before I start a project... to stop the how am I going to do that now situation that I get myself into regularly!

Mine is not to call Jacob a beardy twot anymore (It will be tough but with a bit of help from fellow members I think I can do this)

There's plenty of other things you could call him and still keep to your resolution you know! :lol:

Roy.

You may not agree with him, but starting this thread amounts to bullying.

Or an obviouslty failed attempt at humour?
I disagree with Jacob on many things Gary, that does not mean I have any particular dislike for him.

Roy.

Gary":2vaewmbr said:

Stop being so PC Gary, Jacob loves these threads. I have been calling him a beardy twot for years and he calls me far worse.

Now look what you have made me do .......

doctor Bob":26v6qelr said:
Gary":26v6qelr said:

Stop being so PC Gary, Jacob loves these threads. I have been calling him a beardy twot for years and he calls me far worse.

Now look what you have made me do .......
That must make it ok then you !!!!.

Firstly Gary I am surprised that you were unable to see that my comment was 'tongue in cheek.' Secondly I did not start the thread for your suggested reason, rather to see what 'silly' suggestions others were gonnna offer.
Thirdly, I have had my leg pulled on here on a number of occasions, and expect that it will happen again in the future.
Also bullying is action by the strong against the weak, which I don't consider Jacob to be.
To further clarify your misunderstandings, there are people on this forum who have stated that they do not read any posts submitted by Jacob, their choice, I disagree with much of Jacob's philosphy, but he is a damned good woodworker, and though his views may irritate some, without him this forum would be considerably less entertaining than it currently is.

Roy.

I class jacob as a friend Gary, therefore it is perfectly acceptable, it's banter not bullying, from your posts I suspect you don't know Jacob.

Roy,

I wouldn't worry about it. If you read Gary's stuff on the disabled badge thread, it seems that his latest interest is to just stir things up. It is obvious to everybody else that your post was tongue in cheek.

I don't know Jacob, as I also don't know Sawyer and Modernist, two others who philosophies I can't support, but I'd love an evening over a few pints with them!
One of the disadvantages I face from living where I do is that I never manage to get to any of the get-togethers that other members enjoy.

Roy.

Thanks marcros, I can put my club tie back on now.
I am also disabled in as much as I am profoundly deaf, and blind in one eye, far from making an issue of it I try to damn well ignore it!

Roy.

marcros":3jbtyjws said:
Roy,

I wouldn't worry about it. If you read Gary's stuff on the disabled badge thread, it seems that his latest interest is to just stir things up. It is obvious to everybody else that your post was tongue in cheek.

+ 1

Back