New year new work.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone and a happy new year! I hope 2011 will be a good one 8)

I've not posted any work here for ages, so I'll put that right now! Early in December I spent the day with Nick Arnull, Nick got me away from my over use of scrapers and into the long grind bowl gouge which has completely changed the way I work and greatly reduced my time spent sanding. Nick is a fantastic teacher with a great deal of patience and is very good at explaining what he means,allowing you to pick up technique really easily. I would highly recommend a day or two with him as his knowledge on this subject is vast.

Anyway heres a few pics of this years turnings, I'm sorry the pics are so poor but I've no lights for my tent and theres very little light outside today :oops:

Sycamore bowl 6" diameter
colouredrimsplainbox006.jpg

colouredrimsplainbox007.jpg

Coloured rim sycamore bowl 8" diameter.
colouredrimsplainbox011small.jpg

Beech box 2 1/2" tall
colouredrimsplainbox015.jpg

colouredrimsplainbox016.jpg

JT

Nice 3 Johnny :mrgreen:

I prefer the 1st one , then the box , then the coloured rim bowl :lol:

Thanks for showing us

I must post something soon as I have not posted anything for a couple of months either :oops:

Nice JT Nice
The colouring is not for me but the bowl and box are very nice. The box looks stunning, beautiful piece of wood.
Hope you had a good Christmas
Rich

love the items JT, i wondered how your time with Nick would reveal itself and now i can see. Rich and i wanted to do something similar to the coloured one, but unfortunately the grain was too good to cover.
hope to see more mate..

Hi Johnny,
Three good starts to the new year output, and I like the coloured rim bowl personally but we both like the influence of Nicks work and technique.
The spalted beach box also works well for me with a good shape and texture.
Keep the good work up,
Regards,
Ian

Back