new yankee workshop what is this tool?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micks

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all was watching n,y workshop on sky, very interesting norm makes things look nice and easy with all the tools at his disposal.

but he was fitting some hinges to a cabinet and used a tool in his cordless drill , that when drilling the screw holes , centered the actual drill bit , so the hole was dead center.

had a look in b&Q but not sure what this tool is called.

thank you

Our 'murrican cuzzins sometimes call them Vix bits

Don't know why

Scrit

Scrit":3uf1renv said:
Our 'murrican cuzzins sometimes call them Vix bits

Don't know why

Scrit

Scrit, Vix is a brand name (as in Vix-Bit, I think). I think the company that originally invented or re-invented the tool were called Vixen.

Thank you for enlightening me. I was unaware of the origins of the name

Scrit

Noel":ph37ajk5 said:
I think the company that originally invented or re-invented the tool were called Vixen.
Possibly the same outfit that make the files we call "dreadnought" but the 'Murricans call Vixen files? Dunno, either that or the 'Murricans have a fox fetish... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

i had some of these bits from screw fix , and fell out with them when they fell apart ,
luckily i was in a tool shop in london and came across the makita ones
unfortunatly no longer made and the shop was clearing them
the beauty with the makita ones is they are a centering drill on one side and by "flipping" over they hold a screwdriver bit in the other end
havnt seen any since and i get some odd looks when i use them

mel

I would say if you can find them :roll: ( still looking myself ), go for the smaller ones as they will take standard drill bits :)
The screwfix ones need longer drill bits if they break :(

Scrit":2ajp6kxu said:
Thank you for enlightening me. I was unaware of the origins of the name

Scrit

What a day!! I was able to enlighten Scrit......
Seriously, glad to be of help. Axminster also do them.

Latest posts

Back