New Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just finalised the deal for my new workshop, which I move into on 1st July

Some pictures. First, view of the shop to passing traffic (visible from a car)

2012-05-10123401.jpg

Main shop area (try to ignore the boat!). Approx 50' x 25'

2012-05-10122936.jpg

View back up the shop from the other end

2012-05-10122906.jpg

Nice and light thanks to the windows

2012-05-10123125.jpg

Office/desk area

2012-05-10122837.jpg

Stock/storage area. Approx 20' x 13'

2012-05-10122845.jpg

Possible spray room/other. Approx 20' x 16'

2012-05-10122855.jpg

Roof trusses - good for running extraction

2012-05-10122926.jpg

Don't know if you can make out this huge compressor outside - apparently it still works.

2012-05-10123449.jpg

All roller doors are fully working, giving good access for stock in/out.

Cheers

Karl

No skills":21n1p66j said:
Quite a bright and airy space, is it much of an upgrade from what you have now?

Looks like you have 3 phase already there.

Just a bit - over 15 times the size of my current shop.

MickCheese":21n1p66j said:
Looks very good. How do you plan securing all those windows?

Mick

Not sure yet. Maybe internal bars. Or external rollers. But the site is quite secure - the premises are alarmed, and there are residential moorings and properties on the periphery of the car park.

Cheers

Karl

Looks good Karl :)

Security and insulation/heating for the winter would be worth thinking about ?

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul

It has a chimney already installed for a woodburning stove, so installing a new stove is pretty high up on the list of priorities (before winter in any event). Subject to what the insurers have to say about the matter.

Cheers

Karl

Great space Karl. Didn't realise you were that close to Northwich - my folks are there. Look forward to seeing the 'workshop population' photos in due course ;)

petermillard":cbly03q3 said:
Great space Karl. Didn't realise you were that close to Northwich - my folks are there. Look forward to seeing the 'workshop population' photos in due course ;)

Well now you know where to send them if they need someone local :lol:

I've got a plan to upgrade most machinery over the next 12 months. Including the spray booth installation.

Cheers

Karl

looking good Karl - I hope you are both happy and successful in your new premises

great space really is, the best of luck with it, im sure you will make it work, you must have quite abit of work inline?

Looks a great space karl....I really hope it all goes well for you :)

Good workshop and I'm very envious.

My wife used to live about 3 miles from there.....Wincham Wharf/Lostock Graham and I used as a kid to do odd jobs for the boat repair company that is behind you or possibly the one that owned it before....it must be 48 yrs since I was last there. My last odd job was repairing a mahogany skylight that had split ( age 15 - Saturday job - 1966) ....wonder if the boat is still being used.

Maybe once you are set up I could pop in...I'm up in Cheshire about once a month although I live in Berkshire now....it would be great to have a look around again...but only if your not too busy.

regards
Al

Back