New workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of either but I like the Hardie plank, either overlap or interlocking and in a good choice of colours. It turns out Cedral is the new name for Eternit who make cement fibre roofing slates. Maybe it is a possibility rather than render a property to just clad it with this, fit and forget and not have the mess of render or the cost.

Never heard of either but I like the Hardie plank, either overlap or interlocking and in a good choice of colours. It turns out Cedral is the new name for Eternit who make cement fibre roofing slates. Maybe it is a possibility rather than render a property to just clad it with this, fit and forget and not have the mess of render or the cost.
I, too, like the look of the Hardie plank. This is for a dormer on an estate of similar houses - all clad originally in wood. Some folk have now gone for plastic (and pretty dreadful some of those look!) so we're not forced to go for uniformity but I do want to stick with something that is at least wood-like. Samples in around a week - so we'll see. The next problem will be to find someone who will fix it for us. As I've said, approaching 75 and a Golden Wedding, I'm not about to start prancing around on roofs as I used to do!!

I, too, like the look of the Hardie plank. This is for a dormer on an estate of similar houses - all clad originally in wood. Some folk have now gone for plastic (and pretty dreadful some of those look!) so we're not forced to go for uniformity but I do want to stick with something that is at least wood-like. Samples in around a week - so we'll see. The next problem will be to find someone who will fix it for us. As I've said, approaching 75 and a Golden Wedding, I'm not about to start prancing around on roofs as I used to do!!

This is how it looks fitted. Texture like decently painted wood. No harder to install than timber, so anyone who would do the wood cladding can do this. Best prices are from squaredealpvc, excellent company to deal with And do superb corner profile trims.

EF0BC304-90E7-44C4-AB9F-0BB746B87C4D.jpeg

Outside now stained, will need another coat, internals started , tv and internet in for u tube, powertool tables well underway

Attachments

• 20210901_112417.jpg
    20210901_112417.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210901_112408.jpg
    20210901_112408.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210811_172918.jpg
    20210811_172918.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 47
Back