New Workshop - wooden workshop suppliers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidadew

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm soon to rebuild my workshop as current one is at end of it's life.

I'm looking at different options, including costs of brick built, although I appreciate that this may be a little too expensive.

In terms of wooden ones, i'm looking for supplied and fitted. I've seen http://www.proworkshop.co.uk/ and they look good - but as it will be near boundary I can only go up 2.5m high.

What ever I have it needs to be well insulated as I will have wood etc. in.

Has anyone experience of these, or of any others which they might recommend.

And need something that NFU (my insurers) will give the OK to after a site survey.

Davidadew

You don't indicate whereabouts you live, so recommendations may not be of any use if you are at the wrong end of the country.

I can recommend Katims(Pinchbeck, nr Spalding).

I had a wooden workshop built 5m x 5m in the style of a log cabin; Pitched roof (3.9m high) and double doors. They took down and got rid of my old garage and shed, broke up the old bases, laid a new base and erected the new workshop for a 3rd of the price that a block building would have cost.

They can build any size/shape you want.

If the above link doesn't work, google "Katims Wood Products", click the link (should be first result) and then click "Index.htm"

HTH

Oz

Thanks for your comments - sorry yes I forgot to say where I am based - Buckinghamshire.

I went to see the Pro Workshop people yesterday mentioned above (they are close to us so I don't have to pay extra delivery / installation charges) and they were very good - house quality doors and windows, metal roof etc. and seemed to be very well built, all of which I am looking for as this is a long term high use investment.

Back