New workshop WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie Woody":3sxf7nyp said:
colinc":3sxf7nyp said:
Hi,

I got a quote for pumping the concrete which seems very reasonable. They want £20 + vat travelling charge + £180 per hour pumping. They say that the job can be done within the hour so that all seems very reasonable compared to pushing barrows.

regards,

Colin

In my previous home I had concrete pumped from road to end of the back garden. It was a good few years ago so can't remember prices. However beware of the following:
1. If they have to join the pipes to reach your site make sure they put some protection down under the joins to collect any spillages.
2. Make sure any formwork is very well secured as the pressure of all that wet concrete is massive. As well as the base I had to put in a small retaining wall - about 600 / 800 mm high IFRC - and part of the shuttering gave way, what a mess :cry:
3. These pumping & ready mix guys won't want to hang around so make sure you have plenty of helpers to spread and level the concrete. It can go off very quickly too.

Good luck and don't forget the pictures please :)

Further

Have somewhere for what is left as the mixer will not want to take it away. When I did it I had to take the whole load.

Mick

Hows the build going? Pump truck cost me £180 all in, most of the time. They pumped 6 cubes in under a hour. If you get one of those trucks that mix on site they charge by volume used. If it's been pumped just get c30. Be prepared for excess concrete from cleaning pump truck and pipework.
Here's my wip post. my-back-yard-workshop-build-t46028.html

Alex":mntq7yj4 said:
Hows the build going? Pump truck cost me £180 all in, most of the time. They pumped 6 cubes in under a hour. If you get one of those trucks that mix on site they charge by volume used. If it's been pumped just get c30. Be prepared for excess concrete from cleaning pump truck and pipework.
Here's my wip post. my-back-yard-workshop-build-t46028.html

Hi Alex, I see tat you are from Derby so we are very close by. Who did you use for concrete and pumping?

Colin

Back