New workshop arrival

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Just pick this up today to boost the system in the 'shop - a nice Miller & Kreisel v-125 sub

2011-10-14133230.jpg

The rest of the gear (Missions awaiting a new woofer then they'll be mounted as the main speakers)

2011-10-14165010.jpg

Should make it more pleasant in there to do my paperwork etc. :D

Cheers

Karl

Quality sounds there.
I am amazed how many people dont invest in decent sounds for the workshop.
I have a Denon amp with Jamo speakers and sony CD, magic.
I keep them in an old fridge to keep the dust out. I used to kill a CD player every year because of dust.
Pump up the volume pump the volume.

By about 2.30 it is pumped up damn loud, current flavour is 80's cock rock eg guns and roses and the cult. or Maybe Defunkt, ferocious jazz funk.
People come to visit the artist expecting indian music of whale sounds. Whatever.
I have copies of all my favourite discs, I never take the originals to work as they get trashed.
Good luck with it, do you have neighbours? are you friends with them. Will you be friends with them for long?

Chunko'.

chunkolini":2ezyflqi said:
Quality sounds there.
I am amazed how many people dont invest in decent sounds for the workshop....

Chunko'.

Why? It's only the workshop.

I have music on in the background but if it's too loud I find it distracting, possibly dangerous. :shock:

By 'Dangerous' I also mean I might start singing along and, trust me, no one wants to hear that.

studders":uyqaob64 said:
chunkolini":uyqaob64 said:
Quality sounds there.
I am amazed how many people dont invest in decent sounds for the workshop....

Chunko'.

Why? It's only the workshop.

I have music on in the background but if it's too loud I find it distracting, possibly dangerous. :shock:

By 'Dangerous' I also mean I might start singing along and, trust me, no one wants to hear that.

Yup..playing air guitar with a chisel in your hand is just asking for it.

Chunko - no attached neighbours to worry about :D

Studders - my 'shop is my sanctuary; no hollyoaks, x factor, etc etc. I haven't got the system in there for high SPL's, more for quality listening. The M&K is the latest improvement.

Cheers

Karl

Karl":6wtnhhmg said:
Studders - my 'shop is my sanctuary; no hollyoaks, x factor, etc etc.

Cheers

Karl
Amen to that Karl.

I do have music on most of the time I'm in mine but, were I to put on some loud Led Zep, for example, I'd get too 'into it' to be safely concentrating on what I was supposed to be doing; plus of course the singing. :oops:

Plus I'm going mutt an Jeff so expensive systems would be wasted on me.

I find I can be doing really delicate brazing work on tiny components with music so loud I cant even hear the phone, weird; I think it enables me to zone out into my own little world, totally focussed on what I am doing cutting out all the background distractions. But I cant stand it loud when I am eating lunch.
Last year my CD player died on me, I tried the radio and lasted about 15 minutes before I had to go home. Coldplay and Jeremy Vine was horrific. I think I need to be in control of my environment.
Chunko'.

Just how loud ARE your machines? :lol: I have to admit I have an old stereo in the shop and have the radio on each day but just for background music. It's usually one of the local stations.

I have nothing, nowt, in the 'shop. On severial occasions when I was trying to concentrate on the job, the wireless won and the job became bandsaw fodder, so no more musical distractions now - Rob

woodbloke":33w6u0fw said:
I have nothing, nowt, in the 'shop. On severial occasions when I was trying to concentrate on the job, the wireless won and the job became bandsaw fodder, so no more musical distractions now - Rob
I never understood why folk need "music" on constantly. I much prefer silence, machines allowing of course, but that's also why I use hand tools as much as possible.

Still each to their own, it may be a generation thing, those of us who grew-up before ubiquitous wallpaper "music" don't like it.

RogerP":1r7g98c3 said:
I never understood why folk need "music" on constantly. I much prefer silence.....

That's the odd thing with me, well one of the odd things with me, too quiet - can't concentrate, too loud - can't concentrate? :? :?

Back