New Work Shop & Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve McI

Reaction score
Thanks to Rich Burrow for getting me started/hooked on turning.

Back in Jan this year he posted some work we had done in his shed, well following this I started a project of my own to build my own workshop

It started out with a 5m x 4m concrete base
P1804_06-05-10.jpg

Then constructed out of very heavy high density breeze block which nearly finished me off over the next new weekends.

P1114_09-05-10.jpg

P1303_16-05-10.jpg

P1643_15-06-10.jpg

Roof on I now had a Workshop

DSC03892.jpg

All I needed now was the Lathe. Rich was kindly going to help me here but whilst surfing ebay I saw something too good to miss ! A Graduate Lathe at a great price.

That weekend I waited nervously for he auction to end and I Won !!!!

Next week I pickup the Lathe and got it home on Friday night, Saturday it was installed in the workshop and I turn my first bowl on my own lathe in my own workshop

DSC03893.jpg

DSC03895.jpg

Here’s to many more to come !!!!!!

I wondered if you woulds spot the bowl !

This is the one I turned with you and was just giving a little polish too honest !!!!

Will put a picture of my first one up later !!

Cheers

OK Rich,

Just for you

Needs a better finish, but this was just household wood polish, real stuff on order !

DSC03897.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

Welcome Steve! Great workshop and a crumper of a lathe! You must be in seventh heaven now you've got your shop built, what else are you going to fill it with? cheers Steve/HM :D

hi steve and welcome mate, you shouldn't have told Rich you have a new workshop, he will be round to try it out before you know it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Buk,

Rich has already been round to my new workshop, the good news is he helped carry the Graduate in, don't think I could have done it by myself !!!

Rich,

Moved on from the walnut to several more bowls. Blanks going fast !!! having a great time, every few free moment I can walk to the shed and time disappears but a bowl appears.

All,

Thanks for your welcomes I look forwards to seeing more on this forum.

Steve

Back