new web site

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice site, easy to navigate clear good size images,
and as to the images, lovely work, I wish I could do that!

Very impressive clean easy to navigate site Geoff, with some thoughtful attributes. Only comment I have is that I would have expected to see the snail mail details on the contacts page.

The showcased examples are a credit to your enterprise.

You have some beautiful work there Geoff. I would love to be able to carve like that. Being celtic myself I have to say that the designs are really impressive. Also the bog wood.....my type of turning. :)

One query. Do you have alternatives on your images? On looking through the site there seem to be no text alternatives for them. Something to think about as there are certain regulations and sites need to be as accessible as possible nowadays. Check this siteout

Pete

A couple of things I noticed and thought were a bit odd...

the gallery link opens in a new window (or tab for me using Firefox) - all the other links use the same window as the home page.

the home page has the menu system (images with roll-overs) at the top left but when you go to one of the other pages except the gallery the menu is on the right. When you go to the gallery the menu is on the left.

I like the clean white background
I really like the actual turnings you've got in the gallery - the sort of style I'd like myself. One minor problem is that the sycamore platter close up (10 from bottom) is out of focus and this is very noticeable with all the other photos being so good.

Hope this helps - I've worked with interface design quite a bit in the past so I tend to notice inconsistencies and problems with navigation perhaps more than the average user

Duncan

Hi Geoff, Great to see your stuff on the Big screen as it were. I said that I would come up and see your work and maybe get a lesson or two, Hopefully in the new year if the old health keeps improving.
Glad you put it out it deserves to be seen, lots of luck with the site and I hope it serves you well . Regds. Boysie39 :D :D

many thanks for your kind and helpful comments
a few things like text alteratives i was unaware off and i will have to look into -
i accept the navigation switches from left to right with gallery - unfortunatly it was created with photoshop and the gallery setup was automatic - the new page seemd to fit with the sizes of images i wanted......
thanks for all the other pointers i will check them out -
boysie - you are welcome anytime.....

thanks again
[/quote]

Latest posts

Back