New Video making a Giraffe bracket from a 1920's design.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrimper

Established Member
Reaction score
In case any one is interested I have just uploaded part 1 of my video making a Giraffe bracket.

If anyone fancies having a go at making the bracket the designs are after the end titles which you can copy and save. or you can send me a pm.

On the end of the video I have done a short advert promoting UKWorkshop.

It does rather look as if my videos are of zero interest in this forum, I have tried to remove the post to avoid 'embarrassment' but apparently I am not allowed to delete or edit the post. So rather than spam the forum I won't post them here any more. But thanks to anyone who did have a look at the video. :)

Hi Scrimper,
I'm sure that in time people would find their way to the vid and probably some, like me, watched but had little to say as I'm not a scroll sawer but thought I'd look to see the design, I like old hobbies stuff.
I was a bit disappointed not to get to the cutting out and assembling parts but then I guess I should have read the description properly 🤔
Fair play for making a vid and trying to share what you do 👍 It would be a shame not to share the next installment, I for one would be interested to see how it works out...

Hi Scrimper,
I
I was a bit disappointed not to get to the cutting out and assembling parts but then I guess I should have read the description properly 🤔

Thank you for your reply and thank you for watching the video.

The cutting out and showing the finished work is in part two which I am in the process of editing at the moment, it should be listed on my youtube channel in the next few days. :)

It does rather look as if my videos are of zero interest in this forum, I have tried to remove the post to avoid 'embarrassment' but apparently I am not allowed to delete or edit the post. So rather than spam the forum I won't post them here any more. But thanks to anyone who did have a look at the video. :)

Not quite true, I think scrimper. Apart from the "fact" (i.e. a guess by me) that scrolling is pretty much a minority interest (when compared to the total number of members here), I also just guess that several who are interested note that there's a new video up on YouTube and save watching it "for a rainy day". In my case I've only watched about half way, I think yesterday (before being "diverted" by SWMBO) but will go back and finish it off later. And BTW, like several other scrolling members here, I have subscribed to your channel so YouTube reminders pop up automatically for me anyway.

I can well imagine that making such videos then the editing all takes a lot of time and effort (I've never even tried, I don't have a video camera!) but I for one DO appreciate and enjoy your efforts mate.

I too subscribe to your YouTube channel and have found many of your videos most informative and helpful I found you when I first ventured into making whirligigs thanks rob

Well folks all I can say is Thank you so much. I am pleased that some here have watched my videos and very honoured that some of you have even subscribed to my channel.
Even though my subscriber base and view count is tiny compared to many youtubers, it amazes me that my videos have received almost 600,000 views in total.
Most of my videos can be described as niche so I never expect large viewing numbers.

Part 2 of the above video is almost finished so should be on Youtube in the next 24 hours.

(Hope folks here don't think I was being petulant in my initial comment above, I was just a bit embarrassed that I had posted something that no one was interested in.) :)

Latest posts

Back