New Veritas Chisels ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi -

Prototypes are at WIA, and the pricing has not yet been set. The O1 chisels are just going into production, so we won't have a better idea of price until we've made a few hundred. They will be in line with other premium chisels...

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Alf -

Actually, the wood smells like maple syrup. Every time I pass the area where the lumber's stored, I get a hankering for pancakes ...

Cheers -

Rob
(and....what could be more appropriate for a Canadian product??)

Rob Lee":1nzfb4qh said:
They're in pre-production now... O1 chisels first.... Fully lapped blades, socket and tang construction, caramelized maple handles.

Hi Rob,

It is the fully lapped back that gets me. When I last time flatened a new chisels mirror side, i said at least a dozend time, couldn'titbe like my plane irons??

Cheers
Pedder

1317525883.jpg

From woodnet. hmmmm =D>

=P~ =P~ =P~

mmmmm

very nice

may have to retire my sorbys as "site chisel's"

to make way for those badboys!

adidat

Rob Lee":1vb9z5fo said:
Hi Alf -

Actually, the wood smells like maple syrup. Every time I pass the area where the lumber's stored, I get a hankering for pancakes ...

Cheers -

Rob
(and....what could be more appropriate for a Canadian product??)

Moose horn?

I suspect these are going to be quite something. Pleased about the O1 choice as I am never quite convinced with my LN A2s... got them before O1 was offered but I still go to the old US Stanleys, the laminated Japanese or even old Marples for anything subtle. So I like the sound of these. But do I need more chisels? Right. O.K. then.

Rob, they do sound brilliant, and I am always confident about Veritas. But a question please? Do you plan any other flavours, as I find maple syrup a bit sickly sweet. :roll: :oops:
[Seriously, I know these are going to be very good indeed].

(edit) and +1 for PM steel??

Doug B":1xl1kjtg said:
Paul Chapman":1xl1kjtg said:
Rob Lee":1xl1kjtg said:
The O1 will be nice....but the PM steel will be a game changer.... 8)

So, what's PM steel :?

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Powder Metal? if so i`d be interested in a look see :D
Sounds crumbly to me. :roll:

Back