New vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beejay

Established Member
Reaction score
i've been looking for a new portable vac for the workshop to replace the current very loud models I have. There was a Dewalt unit on Ebay last week at £149 with pto which seemed a good price and as the dealer was nearby in Colwyn Bay I went along to check it out,, :eek: :eek: The noise was worse than the two machines Im using now. Very nice machine however but I am surprised that Dewalt haven't done something about the noise level which must be in the 80's db. The old Elu version are considerably quieter.
So if anyone else is looking at this model please beware.
I ended up ordering the the Trend T30AF, which I reckon will be acceptable, from Miles Tools who were very helpful and friendly and their price was excellent,,£139. inc delivery and it should be here tomorrow :)
Peace and quiet at last!!
beejay
http://community.webshots.com/user/eunos9

Freetochat":mqdfyccc said:
Beejay - I have the Trend, and find it a good machine.

Me too! Don't bother with the paper bags though

Cheers

I only use the bags for mdf now. The rest just goes in loose, and sucked up into the main extractor system when full.

Ditto.

Although I use the bags, I'm thinking of feeding the pipe through a bin so that heavier shippings drop before they get sucked into the bag. That'd save money on buying replacements :) . I believe Chas has a setup like the one I intend to make; I'm sure I saw a photo of it once.

Gill

I asked the question a while ago about bags but I think it may have been buried in another thread. I'm sure someone (possibly Noel or Newbie Neil [don't quote me on that]) had spoken to someone from Trend who reckoned the paper bags weren't necessary.

My memory is terrible! :oops:

The manual isn't at all clear on the subject

With the T30AF, fine pre-filter bag and fine filter forget about the bags.

Noel

have to say i use my trend for normal vacuuming too. good suction
and decent noise level.
bought mine from jaycee tools in northolt, having checked out the
metabo machine, but discovered that the trend had a higher wattage
capacity.

first used it to collect dust off my sander when doing some dry wall work
great no real dust at all.

in that case i used the bags, because they stopped the filter getting
clogged. works the same with mdf too, and with the af filter is
really clean.

good machine well thought out except for tool and equipment storage,
but can't have everything, :wink: it gets up the dust and shavings.

paul :lol: :wink:

Well the T30 AF arrived this morning and I have to say that Im very pleased with it.
Its not as quiet as some of the more expensive Festool etc but its much better than the old ones I had, doesnt whine, and the long hose and mains lead is very useful.
Thanks for the advice on the dust bag,, I shall be guided by your experience.
beejay

Hi beejay

The other good news is that the hose fits directly into the dust port on the festool saw. Another good reason to buy one.

Cheers
Neil

Beejay - why do you need one at all? Your workshop is already immaculately clean 8)[/quote]

Ive got to keep it clean because its so so small and it becomes difficult to find things at times:oops:
I spend more time tidying it up than I spend working in it :D
I reckon the noise was worse from the old vacs because of the confined space but the Trend is significantly better.
Some of you said not to bother with the dust bag but the manual states that the bag must be used with the fine filter,,,should I ignore that?

Re the Numatic, I did consider the NVQ series which are very very quiet but they didnt offer a pto within my budget.
beejay

As mentioned, you'll need the pre-filter used in conjuction with the fine filter for sans bag use.

Noel

I bought a new Earlex Combi Vac, it has a 1000 watt motor and does all my cleaning down at the end of the job, ie. the P/T, TS top all the sawdust from the floor, it even comes with a floor cleaning suction nozzle, to my mind its fairly quiet, although I must admit my hearing is not 100%.

There is a HVLP sprayer attachment you can buy, I have been considering one but never got around to it. Has anyone used one , if so what is like?

BTW I bought it from FOCUS.

I replaced the bags with a cartridge I got from WICKES, makes emptying a lot better,

I have a scheppach DC piped to my TS and my Router Table, I have not got around to doing the pipe work to my TENDO P/T yet

I've just got the trend T30AFL from Power tools direct for £133 + £15 for the 58mm pipe to make it easier to attach to the rat. And no postage :D Because the price was so low compared to trends own prices I phoned first and they confirmed the price is right but they are out of stock at the moment and I would have to order it via web site anyway. So I did that on Wed 14th Dec and it arrived on Fri 16th Dec.

Impressed or what :D
It even encouraged me to hoover my carpet of shavings off the concrete floor.

Back