• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

new users

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

do you think a page for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed should be brought into t

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

hello guys & girls.
i'm a new user of the forum, and i thought it would be a good idea to have a topic where new users introduce themselves. this would be a place for others to welcome people to the forum.

i've seen this on lots of other forums and from what i've seen, it generates a lot of posts.

just an idea, so its over to the moderators.

kenny.

A

Anonymous

your welcome :D.
so does this mean we can expect to see it soon?

kenny.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Kenny,

Welcome to the forum.
Good idea, you need to get Charley to agree to it, as he is the web master :D

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Kenny.

I like the idea (always like to make sure we say "howdy" to new members, but sometimes they slip through the net :roll: ), but if we go ahead let's not make it compulsory or anything. I have a feeling some people prefer to slip in unnoticed. :D

Cheers, Alf

A

Anonymous

yeah i totally agree with you alf, but at least it gives folk somewhere to introduce themselves if they want too.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Those that voted against such a facility, optional though it is, any reason why?

Rgds

Noel

Aragorn

Established Member
Reaction score
I voted against - really just an extension of Alf's comment. Nice to be as inconspicuous as you want around here!
And I like introductory posts from forum newbies that actually deal with a woodworking issue. Seems to give a greater sense of what that person is up to in the here and now.
Every newbie seems to get a warm welcome anyway, and woodworking is still the main issue. Scrolling through thread after thread of "Hello I'm Bill".... "Hi Bill. Welcome" seems a bit tedious. New members are free to introduce themselves in a separate post as they like anyway.

That may have all sounded like a rant - but it really isn't - just my reason for voting against! :wink:

Midnight

Established Member
Reaction score
personally I agree with Aragorn..
nothing against the newbies de-lurking etc, the more the merrier I say.... but a whole section of Hi's...?????

naaa.... best place for that is General.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
You think I want to see a long thread of "Hi's" and "my name's Bob and I love...".??? Thought it would be more of a quick autobio, something more substantial than the woodworking version of speed dating....

Rgds

Noel

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm with Aragorn on this one. I think that people de-lurk when they have a woodworking question and a welcome can be made at that time.

Cheers
Neil

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums kenny :)

It is a good idea but I'm not sure we need it. I personally feel we already have enough sections on the forum. As mentioned a lot of our new members like to lurk for awhile. If members like your self do want to introduce your selfs the off topic forum is perfect for you.

Latest posts