New TS2500 ci

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digizz

Established Member
Reaction score
So NMA are quoting 5 weeks for the new TS2500 cast iron - apparently has a table insert for 'groove cutting' - is this a dado cutter or slightly different?

At less than an additional £100, it would seem to be worth while waiting although my workshop is nearly finished and I'm itching to get going. Just ordered the HMS 2560ci from Rutlands for £835.90 inc wheels, delivery and VAT :)

I just asked about this moulder head - to see if it's retrofittable to older styles. Certinaly on the 2500, and 4010, you can replace the table with the cast iron as a retrfittable item, however the arbour on the TS2500 is not long enough on the old style to take a moulder head, so you'd have to replace quite a lot to gain the functionality. I'd certainly be tempted to wait for that.

Have fun!

Adam

Paul,
If it is like the things for the TS 4010, there are two sizes of what seem to me essentially variable width dado cutters. They are however pretty expensive (over £200 IIRC).

Adam I did not know the cast iron top could be retrofitted to our saws - interesting, I would rather like one! Still, I have been able to make a zero- clearance insert for my new TS 4010 which I never succeeded in doing on the TS2000 and having one of these was a large part of the reason I want a CI top.

waterhead37":2ulizmdu said:
Adam I did not know the cast iron top could be retrofitted to our saws - interesting, I would rather like one! Still, I have been able to make a zero- clearance insert for my new TS 4010 which I never succeeded in doing on the TS2000 and having one of these was a large part of the reason I want a CI top.

It was with you in mind that I thought I'd mention the "retrofit". As you seem to be working at standard where it might make a difference. I have to say I've never felt limited in any way by the lack of cast-iron on my Scheppach, and I have a big 3-phase industrial panel saw (cast iron) at work to compare it to. I find blades make the single biggest contribution to cutting, follower by the quality of the sliding table. Work are a bit poor at changing the blade. The other odd thing about work is we have a monster extraction system. All offcuts don't stick to teh table, they get lifter up and "stuck" to the extractor opening. It's 300mm pipe :shock: You also have to watch your hands - not for the blade, but getting sucked up the bloody extractor.
:shock:
Adam

It's 300mm pipe :shock: You also have to watch your hands - not for the blade, but getting sucked up the bloody extractor.
:shock:
Adam[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

John

Adam,
I'm glad you are still with us! Reminds me of a recurring childhood nightmare where my Mum got sucked into one of those pneumatic money delivery systems they used to have in big stores - but all you chillun too young to 'member them!

waterhead37":2ypehubx said:
Adam,
sucked into one of those pneumatic money delivery systems they used to have in big stores - but all you chillun too young to 'member them!
Theres an ironmongery shop near me which still uses them to send the cash upstairs
John

Yeah Chris
Unfortunately I am old enough to remember, just!!
Fortnam and Masons I think it was and Selfridges, Derry and Toms and Gamages. More than lightly got the names a little wrong but thats caus the memory starts to go when you get past fifty. :( Very nifty contraptions with little pipes going all over the place instead of wires like now. The forerunner of the intranet. :wink:

All the best

John

In my local tesco they have something very simular to what you are describing.

Money gets put in sort of pod things, and these then get sucked into the roof?

It was only built 10 years ago...

waterhead37":2zb8us9d said:
Adam,
I'm glad you are still with us! Reminds me of a recurring childhood nightmare where my Mum got sucked into one of those pneumatic money delivery systems they used to have in big stores - but all you chillun too young to 'member them!
My local Tesco still use them on every til. Smaller & less noticable than the old ones. I used to love watching those money canisters wizzing up the pipes which looked like a snakes & ladders board in 3D.

Back