New Trend router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hmmmmm .... I hope they have actually improved it somehow, and not just added on £80

a.jpg

b.jpg

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 343
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 344
Oh wow, that's an amazing comparison!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've come to the conclusion that pretty much all of Trend's stuff is now just expensive rubbish.

Wealden makes superior and cheaper router bits in my opinion. The Trend routers (with the exception of perhaps the T11 which is just an Elu/Dewalt clone) just don't last and have serious bearing problems which appear after a couple of months use. Plus they're more expensive compared with every other manufacturer which makes better machines like Makita or Bosch. Some of the handtools are ok but they're mostly rebadged Silverline or similar at a massive markup.

Another here that wouldn't buy another trend router.....my T11 had the armature fail a week out of the guarantee....I had vertically no hours on it....I also found HQ in Watford very unhelpful and cost me a fortune to get the repairs done.

If I do ever look to replace it it will most probably be a new Festool or a 30 year old Elu made in Switzerland.

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

I'm hoping my 1991 USA made 1700w Bosch will see me out.

I can't speak any other than highly of their sets of router cutters, though. I've had the 1/2" set as long as I've had the router and bought the 1/4" set a few months ago. Virtually all my other cutters are Wealden, though. :D

I hope that really isn't the same machine inside!

I have one of those Erbauer things (bought on the last minute when nowhere else was open!).
It's best point is that it is the best paperweight in the workshop, for everything else including routing it is just appalling.

Jonathan S":1lmdjjet said:
Another here that wouldn't buy another trend router.....my T11 had the armature fail a week out of the guarantee....I had vertically no hours on it....I also found HQ in Watford very unhelpful and cost me a fortune to get the repairs done.

If I do ever look to replace it it will most probably be a new Festool or a 30 year old Elu made in Switzerland.

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Still using my 90s Elus . I sold one of my 177e-s, something I now regret. Replaced it with a Festool 1410.

It's a minefield these days to find a good router, unless you pay good money.; and even then you have to have fingers crossed.

John (hammer)

Elu, Trend and DeWalt used to have a base plate casting that was awfully similar, I’m not saying they were the same, but they had the same casting tool number on it and the same obvious witness marks from the repair to the tool...

That current one... yeah, looks similar, though I have previously bought pressure sensors that were far more expensive than the “standard” version which were actually the middle of the normal distribution as manufactured. As a result of the number we bought, the rest of the world always got the dross so the performance was always biased to one end of the distribution or the other.

A

Back