New Trend/B+Q routers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Whilst strolling around our local new B+Q Warehouse I came across some of the new range of power tools that are starting to appear after their recent end of season sale. There was a small selection of Trend gear on display, including jigs, bits, biscuits etc. What caught my eye was this-the Performance Power 2050watt router has been repackaged as a Trend! Labelled "T-Tech" by Trend. It was definitely the PP router (I have one myself :oops: ) Is this a new partnership or has B+Q swallowed up our trusty router folk?
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly,

It could be the reverse! Trend love to put their name on things they don't make. The Akeda Jig for example is sold by them as a Trend. Maybe they are planning a takeover of B&Q..

Hmm. Talk about the "Borg". You will be assimilated. Now if only we knew who was assimilating who...

Cheers, Alf

Wondering if this means Patrick Stewart will be visiting her local B&Q - but fears not. Darn. :( :wink:

P.S. Interesting. The spell check didn't baulk at the "Borg" at all :roll: Already assimilated I presume :lol:

You are only using part of the word Alf.
Borg derives from Cyborg which shows in the Oxford dictionary thus.

cyborg n.
a person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by machine technology (as yet undeveloped). [cyber- + organism]
At least Steve Austin knows the meaning. ;)

Dewy the borg are bad guys from startrek they want galatic domination and assimilate all who stand in their way 8) .But by banging on about steve austin your realy showing your age or ure tellys been broke for a while :lol: . God i know i shoulda stayed in me nice warm bunker :oops:

anobium punctatum":289mhtvs said:
Dewy the borg are bad guys from startrek they want galatic domination and assimilate all who stand in their way 8) .But by banging on about steve austin your realy showing your age or ure tellys been broke for a while :lol: . God i know i shoulda stayed in me nice warm bunker :oops:
You are referring to a Trekkie since the original series in the 60s who has every episode of TNG, DS9, Voyager and every episode of Enterprise so far shown on videotape.
I must be a Borg myself as I assimilate each episode as it's shown.
It was the BBCs decision not to show series 4 of TNG that got me to get satellite TV when it was new. My youngest son wore a TNG uniform which cost a decent bit to have made and knows so much about Startrek that he only has to see a 5 second clip to tell you which episode it was from.

Not that there is much call for wooden furniture on any of the ships which make most repairs from the replicators. lol

Dewy":2z9pxea8 said:
You are only using part of the word Alf.
Borg derives from Cyborg which shows in the Oxford dictionary thus.

cyborg n.
a person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by machine technology (as yet undeveloped). [cyber- + organism]
At least Steve Austin knows the meaning. ;)

We recenly had the world famous 'king' of the cyborgs, Prof. Kevin Warick from Reading University, over to our uni to give a lecture to staff on the 'state of the art' in cybernetics. It was seriously interesting and crossed over in some areas into my own work on intelligent prosthetics for amputees. We had a nice chat but no collaboration offer yet :(

Prof. Warwick delivered the xmas lectures a couple of years back on machine intelligence and robotics but he is most famous (infamous??) for implanting ICs in his arm and connecting them to his cerebral cortex!!!
He managed to walk around crowded rooms, wearing a blindfold, without colliding with anything using a 'new sense' derived from ultrasonics sending signals directly to his brain. Took a few days to sort out what the 'feelings' meant but it was a great success.

He also implanted electrodes into his wife's arm and they became 'connected' through a radio link - shared feelings (when he touched something, his wife felt the contact)!!!

Well, I thought it was interesting :oops:

Tony,
Very interesting!
(I feel really bad for mentioning routers in this thread-it is detracting from the sci-fi vibe :lol: :lol: 8) )
live long and prosper......
Philly :D

Good grief, what have I unleashed here?! :shock: I was expecting cries of "you sad trekkie, you" this morning; not to be out-Trekked so comprehensively! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. What were we talking about again...? :oops:

Tony,

Do you reckon we could interest DC or Alan Peters or some such to have elctrodes implanted that we can then learn to work to their standard from?

Come to think of it they could do a TV show and cerebrally connected types could all learn simultaeously!

This is really out there-you lot keep this up and i'm giving up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There again..........
We could all have implants and then:
When watching a boxing match you could "feel" the punches........
When a soap come on TV you could automatically fall asleep.......etc, etc..

yours robotically,
Philly :mrgreen:

So your one of the collective !!!

Bean

cerebrally attached to his sandwich......................oww !

waterhead37":3uzh0e2e said:
Tony,

Do you reckon we could interest DC or Alan Peters or some such to have elctrodes implanted that we can then learn to work to their standard from?

Come to think of it they could do a TV show and cerebrally connected types could all learn simultaeously!

Got to be worth a try. You hold 'em down, Chris and I'll make fetch the implants..... :p

Philly":2rio6fwu said:
This is really out there-you lot keep this up and i'm giving up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There again..........
We could all have implants and then:
When watching a boxing match you could "feel" the punches........
When a soap come on TV you could automatically fall asleep.......etc, etc..

yours robotically,
Philly :mrgreen:

Should read...
When a soap comes on TV you could automatically head for the workshop :wink:

Bean":306b5rhh said:
And to think I used to worry about Vogons :wink:

Bean
No need to worry about Vogons provided you have your towel and babel fish in your ear. ;)
DON'T PANIC.
The answer to life the universe and everything is 42.

"Oh dear. I'm feeling very depressed. I think I'll just sit in the corner and rust." (Marvin)

hi,
I've just got in from work, sat down to browse the wonderful world of ww, only to find EVERYONES GONE MAD :shock:
Was there a meteor storm tonight? :?

TX

Back