New Toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandyn

Established Member
Reaction score
After searching for 2 years, several scammers on gumtree, a 700 mile round trip, severe hold-ups on the motorway, road closures, torrential rain, sweltering heat, I finally got this machine home. Shared with my son in law. I've been using it all week, reaching places which were impossible before. It's brilliant. Certainly beats standing on the top of a ladder, just about reaching the apex of the roof. Now I can stand in comfort, all my tools convenient and work in comfort and more safely.

Nifty.jpg

After searching for 2 years, several scammers on gumtree, a 700 mile round trip, severe hold-ups on the motorway, road closures, torrential rain, sweltering heat, I finally got this machine home. Shared with my son in law. I've been using it all week, reaching places which were impossible before. It's brilliant. Certainly beats standing on the top of a ladder, just about reaching the apex of the roof. Now I can stand in comfort, all my tools convenient and work in comfort and more safely.

View attachment 140590
That's a bit much just to make getting in the loft easier ;)

Looks useful what kind of money does one of those go for if you don't mind me asking?
It was £5k, split two ways. It seems to be an OK unit. I've been using it all week. I've never used one before, but it's a game changer as far as doing repairs up high on an old house. I used to be at the very top of a 3 stage ladder reaching up to paint woodwork. Now I can stand in comfort in the cage, all my tools and paint beside me and look down on the ridge. I'm scared of heights, but after a couple of days, It doesn't bother me. I still get uneasy when I'm at the max outreach of 5m, especially when it jolts to a stop at the end of travel and sways a bit. Today I was replacing 5m lengths of wood on the roof. It was really easy compared to doing it with a tower and a ladder.
Once I get the woodwork replaced and painted, I'll be repointing some walls. Here's me returning to earth after inspecting a chimney.

Nifty2.jpg

nope, i think thats how he get quiet time away from the misses! 12 feet up
I don't want to get away from her, but I have to be nice to her. If I get stuck up there, she will have to get me down and the person on the ground can over-ride the controls in the cage. 😁

I could of done with one of those, but then It cost less than £1000.00
DSC01747.jpeg

Sandyn,
stone built house ...nice...

MikeJhn,
hope it was tied in at the top and 1/2 way up.....wire or rope with a fixed eye in the wall.....
those steady's cant really be trusted at that height....
n the ladder need to poke thru further, easier to mount and dismount....I know it's at max....
nice piece of kit tho....

I whitnessed a 100ton crane topple due to bad ground....ouch.....

could of done with one of those, but then It cost less than £1000.00

That's a great tower. I seriously looked at buying a bunch of scaffolding, but the time taken to put it up/ take it down and it only gives you access to a small working envelope. I have a DIY tower, but the cherry picker is so much easier. No climbing with arms full of tools. It takes about 10 min to move the cherry picker, get the stabilisers out and level it off if I need to move to a different area of the roof. I do have a problem trying to get the machine into one part of the garden. My little tractor doesn't have the grip to move it, so I'll have to winch it into some areas I think.

That's a great tower. I seriously looked at buying a bunch of scaffolding, but the time taken to put it up/ take it down and it only gives you access to a small working envelope. I have a DIY tower, but the cherry picker is so much easier. No climbing with arms full of tools. It takes about 10 min to move the cherry picker, get the stabilisers out and level it off if I need to move to a different area of the roof. I do have a problem trying to get the machine into one part of the garden. My little tractor doesn't have the grip to move it, so I'll have to winch it into some areas I think.
A perfect excuse to get a little grey Fergie :)

Back