New toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigmorgan

Established Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20191113-144012_Samsung Internet.jpg
So I've just bought a new (to me) toy, it's a 4 in 1 sharpener/grinder, it will probably get most use sharpening knives and scissors but will be handy for my chisels/plane and eventually turning tools until I get a better bench grinder. What are your thoughts guys? I only paid £10 for it so haven't really lost anything if it doesn't last long.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191113-144012_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191113-144012_Samsung Internet.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 571
looks like fun and a nice bit of kit
are the extra blocks off to the side different jigs for the grinder is is it just me being thick?

They are 4 different attachments, one for masonry drill bits, one for HSS drill bits, one for chisels/plane blades that adjusts from flat to 45degrees and one for knives and scissors. I haven't used it yet but i do have a lot of blunt drill bits and I do like a sharp knife.

Reviews for this on Amazon do not loom that promising... :( ...but at least it's cheap...but I guess you get what you pay for...I would love to find something "reasonable" to sharpen chisels...can't even find a good "stone"!

I have one of these, I only use the drill sharpener. It is not quick but I find it surprisinly effective. Refreshed drills cut very well and (given time) I have reground a broken drill or two. One tip is to devlope a light feel when rocking th edrill back and forth and make an even pass on both lands, changing often. I do 10 each side and then check.

Latest posts

Back