Members can turn off viewing Ads!

New toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Stigmorgan

Established Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20191113-144012_Samsung Internet.jpg
So I've just bought a new (to me) toy, it's a 4 in 1 sharpener/grinder, it will probably get most use sharpening knives and scissors but will be handy for my chisels/plane and eventually turning tools until I get a better bench grinder. What are your thoughts guys? I only paid £10 for it so haven't really lost anything if it doesn't last long.

Attachments

BHwoodworking

contact me for bespoke high end firewood!
Reaction score
looks like fun and a nice bit of kit
are the extra blocks off to the side different jigs for the grinder is is it just me being thick?

Stigmorgan

Established Member
Reaction score
They are 4 different attachments, one for masonry drill bits, one for HSS drill bits, one for chisels/plane blades that adjusts from flat to 45degrees and one for knives and scissors. I haven't used it yet but i do have a lot of blunt drill bits and I do like a sharp knife.

Stevebod

Established Member
Reaction score
Reviews for this on Amazon do not loom that promising... :( ...but at least it's cheap...but I guess you get what you pay for...I would love to find something "reasonable" to sharpen chisels...can't even find a good "stone"!

Rich C

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you call reasonable? You can get some cheap Chinese diamond plates for a few pounds each if you're after cheap and effective.

Jamesc

Established Member
Reaction score
I have one of these, I only use the drill sharpener. It is not quick but I find it surprisinly effective. Refreshed drills cut very well and (given time) I have reground a broken drill or two. One tip is to devlope a light feel when rocking th edrill back and forth and make an even pass on both lands, changing often. I do 10 each side and then check.