New tools?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I wonder if anyone got any new tools over Christmas....

I'll kick off with 3 and and book.

S&J 9500r hand saw - great saw, cuts well, 10tpi handle feels good.

S&J 9540b tenon saw disappointing as the kerf is too wide. I knew this from Rex Kruger's video on turbo charging this saw. Needs improvement!!

Faithfull plane no 6 I thought I needed a bigger plane when actually I don't!!! I'll still reach for the no5 tbh. It's just massive! But I think it will come in handy for jointing.

Fine woodworking small projects book. Really good book full of ideas for weekend warrior hobby woodworkers. So good I've brought the cabinet making book s/h off eBay.

Cheers James

A good woodworking friend sent me the yet to be released Chairpanzee analog computer from Crucible tool for working out sight line & drilling angles for chair legs etc.
17B06952-7E38-4C4C-B5EB-2E1C469EE392.jpeg

5C57C0F3-0CD0-45DD-BD4E-6E5DD65D505E.jpeg

should come in very handy in the near future particularly as I’m not good at this sort of math
I also treated myself to a OF 1400 router, well it wouldn’t be Xmas without some green & grey decoration 😉

You have reminded me

I picked up n old Nerok pillar drill in October and I said it was for Christmas...!!

It's a great machine nicely made 16mm chuck and 12 gears.

Whilst I was there I picked up freud biscuit jointer which has been very helpful.

Cheers James

A was given a tool tote from aldi, loads of pockets, including one that runs right the way down the length for a saw, which seems pretty handy.

A brand new Stanley 151 spokeshave, which may be unfortunate given what everyone here has to say about them. At least I will be able to use it to shape the handles on my hand-made spokeshave, should I ever finish it.

DF500 (domino) I’m well chuffed as the wife got it some how on time from tool fest. Can’t wait to start using it

Jacob you beat me to it! Hope you had a Merry Crimbo!

John
Yes nice one thanks John. Just the 2 of us, no turkey, shoulder of lamb instead, I never liked turkey anyway.
Got some nice hand knitted socks and a few bottles of this and that. Perfect!
Have a happy new year!

Easy to please me Jacob. There's just me at the moment! I had my first alcohol for 12 months. A nice Hock with my Beef Wellington. I can enjoy turkey but not for six days in a row! It's drier than an old stick!

Cheers John

I got some Wera Kraftform screwdrivers (the ones with those weird grippy tips).

I was initially skeptical of this feature just being a gimmick but having used them today they did allow me to unscrew a completely mullered pozi-drive screw that other screwdrivers wouldn't shift.

I got some Wera Kraftform screwdrivers (the ones with those weird grippy tips).

I was initially skeptical of this feature just being a gimmick but having used them today they did allow me to unscrew a completely mullered pozi-drive screw that other screwdrivers wouldn't shift.
have never used kraftform, but I have had a set of wera diamond screw bits with my drill for at least ten years and have only broken one bit in that time, excellent

+1 for Wera.

The screwdrivers and ratchets and Allen keys very nice.
The L-keys Allen key really surprised me how well they work on stubborn fixings.

As swmbo was conscious of the fact that we hadn't really embraced the season of goodwill I was tasked to provide her with a wishlist item at short notice that San..Amazon..ta could deliver in the nick of time and the not so jolly Eastern european (who didn't say "Ho,Ho,Ho" or have his red suit on) dropped these off just in the nick of time . I may have been slightly influenced in my choice by a recent thread ;)Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 22.50.53.png

From my wife I got a Veritas journeyman’s mallet, 1:6 dovetail marker, mitre saddle square a glübot and a copy of Jim Tolpin’s new book The New Traditional Woodworker. I also got a copy of Chris Pye’s hand carving course from a good friend.
From me I got a Record Power Sabre 350 bandsaw.

From my wife I got a Veritas journeyman’s mallet, 1:6 dovetail marker, mitre saddle square a glübot and a copy of Jim Tolpin’s new book The New Traditional Woodworker. I also got a copy of Chris Pye’s hand carving course from a good friend.
From me I got a Record Power Sabre 350 bandsaw.
I love my Sabre 350 it's a joy to use 🙂
Great choice 👌

Latest posts

Back