New to the forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian A.

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I've been lurking on this forum for some time now and found it to be a great resource of information.
I'm a 20 year-old hobby woodworker and tool junkie born and living in Austria. Woodworking has been my main spare time interest since my early childhood. Feel free to ask for any details.

Thanks for this great place. I hope that I can contribute to increase the amount of helpful information.

Regards,

Christian

Thanks for your replies.

@ Alf: Where have you "met" a Christian who owns lots of Festool stuff? I also post on a couple of German and US woodworking boards so we might "know" each other.
Actually, I have a couple of Festools. But please be sure that you don't mistake me for Christian Oltzscher (Festool USA president and CEO). That happened a few times in past.

Regards,

Christian

Hi Christian, welcome to the site. Alf's on the right track...More Pooh Bear and honey than Festool?

Rgds

Noel

Noel":21lkslkp said:
Hi Christian, welcome to the site. Alf's on the right track...More Pooh Bear and honey than Festool?

Rgds

Noel

Another SMC member? :)
My Festool collection consists of five tools and I talked my dad into the Festool CDD 12 cordless drill that I also use. So I actually use 6 Festools.
As for Winnie Pooh, when I graduate from "Gymnasium" I wrote one of my "exams" (you can't really translate it, the German word is "Spezialgebiet") on Children's literature and focused on Winnie the Pooh. If you carefully read it you might discover that while children will enjoy listening to Winnie Pooh stories, they contain philosophical elements that were not designed for children. Some people claim that A. A. Milne didn't actually write the Pooh stories and poems for children but instead intended them for the child within us.

Regards,

Christian

Christian A.":4xwfi3n1 said:
@ Alf: Where have you "met" a Christian who owns lots of Festool stuff? I also post on a couple of German and US woodworking boards so we might "know" each other.
Yeah, I've seen you post on SMC and WC I think? Not to "meet", but just to read. I don't often get over into the Power Tool parts, just occasionally, and you stuck in my memory. You did an interesting report from one of the big woodworking shows over there IIRC?

Cheers, Alf

You're right, Alf.
Yep, I posted a bunch of pics that I took at the Holz and Handwerk 2004 woodworking show in Nürnberg, Germany. I can post them here if you're interested but as I mentioned, they are from 2004.

Regards,

Christian

BTW, I could also offer pics a buddy of mine took at an Austrian woodworking show this year.
Just let me know if you're interested.

Christian

Welcome Christian A.

Your comments on Winnie the pooh reminds me of the following story:

The teacher in class told the students they were not to use baby language any more but to converse with adult replies.
The teacher then asked Adam what he had been doing at home that weekend and Adam replied " I read Winnie the shi t"

Hope I am still allowed in on this forum tomorrow. :)

Latest posts

Back