• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

New to me Union Graduate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
In a weak moment I have just bought a union graduate lathe, I believe it is a short bed as it seems go me quite short! Any way I will need a few face plates both left and right hand if anyone has any not being used or knows where I might find same.
Goes without saying beer tokens in exchange.

Attachments

flh801978

Established Member
Reaction score
That’s the 30 inch long bed the short bed has a cruciform type bed and 2 swan neck rests and tailstock and only 15 inch between centres...
I’m sure I have a faceplate or 2 I’ll look tomorrow
IAN

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, they're just down the road too, must be about time I paid them a long overdue visit.

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the kind of talk I'm afraid of, I could quite easily get carried away.!

TFrench

Established Member
Reaction score
Those toolpost faceplates are very reasonably priced, much better than some of the battered rubbish people are hawking on ebay! Same applies to toolrests - I kitted up with the sorby modular system for mine rather than buy genuine ones. Versachuck is a good call for a chuck, or sorby do a direct threaded patriot. Excerts work but you do end up a little way out from the spindle. Especially troublesome on the outboard side. I really enjoyed mine, it made me realise a lathe should stay put, not dance around like my first one, a myford ML8!

Edit - the manual is available free online, but if you can't find it I'm sure I have it somewhere I can email to you. Not a lot in it, but it does show how to pull the spindle.
Also, if you're on facebook theres an excellent graduate owners group on there.