New to me Union Graduate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
In a weak moment I have just bought a union graduate lathe, I believe it is a short bed as it seems go me quite short! Any way I will need a few face plates both left and right hand if anyone has any not being used or knows where I might find same.
Goes without saying beer tokens in exchange.

Attachments

• IRS20191113_215557.jpg
    IRS20191113_215557.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 293
That’s the 30 inch long bed the short bed has a cruciform type bed and 2 swan neck rests and tailstock and only 15 inch between centres...
I’m sure I have a faceplate or 2 I’ll look tomorrow
IAN

Thanks for the reminder, they're just down the road too, must be about time I paid them a long overdue visit.

Those toolpost faceplates are very reasonably priced, much better than some of the battered rubbish people are hawking on ebay! Same applies to toolrests - I kitted up with the sorby modular system for mine rather than buy genuine ones. Versachuck is a good call for a chuck, or sorby do a direct threaded patriot. Excerts work but you do end up a little way out from the spindle. Especially troublesome on the outboard side. I really enjoyed mine, it made me realise a lathe should stay put, not dance around like my first one, a myford ML8!

Edit - the manual is available free online, but if you can't find it I'm sure I have it somewhere I can email to you. Not a lot in it, but it does show how to pull the spindle.
Also, if you're on facebook theres an excellent graduate owners group on there.

Back