New Titebond glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Is this going to be as strong as Titebond 3 but with a longer cure time, that would make assembly less of a mad panic. It does say interior though.

Titebond Extend Wood Glue 16oz (473ml)
Formulated from the Titebond Original Wood Glue this professional interior aliphatic resin emulsion will give you the same reliability of bond and more. Providing you with more 'open time' for complicated assemblies and the extended application times needed for laminations.

Is this going to be as strong as Titebond 3 but with a longer cure time, that would make assembly less of a mad panic. It does say interior though.

Titebond Extend Wood Glue 16oz (473ml)
Formulated from the Titebond Original Wood Glue this professional interior aliphatic resin emulsion will give you the same reliability of bond and more. Providing you with more 'open time' for complicated assemblies and the extended application times needed for laminations.

Sounds good, some glue up's can be a bit of a panic especially in the Summer time.

I've used titebond extend (the light yellow cream coloured stuff) and it works very well and dries harder than titebond original. Only problem is it's shelf life is not as good as original and is a bit harder to find (here in Austria) Not used the 2 extend but I think that is more PVA like + waterproof which extend original is not.
Cheers
Andrew

I've just used is for a chopping board. With four, 70mm thick edge jointed boards, even Extend grips surprisingly quickly, With Regular I would have stood no chance.

I'll stick to cheaper white glue PVA, it already has a longer open time anyway and costs less.

I'll stick to cheaper white glue PVA, it already has a longer open time anyway and costs less.
Out of interest what brand of PVA are you using that has a longer open time than the Titebond extend? I’m always looking for glues with long open times.

Back