New tablesaw & planer/ Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks, i need some help in choosing a new tablesaw & planer/thicknesser. These are for our shop at work & the saw will be used daily on 3 shifts but only for an average of about one & a half hours a day, it will be used mainly to cut sheets of ply up to 1inch & softwood 3x2 but the ability to exceed this would be good.( We occasionally cut 3inch hardwood) The planer doesnt get used that often, but again it would be good to have something that will cope.At the moment we have two old wadkin machines which need replacing , things are bent and out of line, handles broken & stiff to use etc.There is money in the kitty to buy these machines , i believe up to £5ooo for a saw. The company i work for are a multinational company with billions of pounds turnover, but theres always a budget. Suggestions please for both , workshop space is not a problem, thanks

Hi Tony
I don't think many of us on here have much experience of 5K saws! :) But FWIW I have an Excalibur from Woodford in Manchester. Mine is the older model and would not be suitable for a commercial environment, but they have a new model out anytime now which is CE rated, switch on the left, left tilt. Mine is built like a tank, so assuming that the build quality hasn't changed, it would be a good choice for what you are describing.
They were supposed to be available at the end of August, but I can't see them on the Woodford site yet.
They also do a PT but I have no experience of that.
S

Back