New stuff

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ex-71

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, have now bought new saw (from Timberman Carmarthen, thanks Digit), a Jet JTS 600. Delivered Thursday and not touched since!
Before I get to the 'hands on' stuff, has anyone got any cautionary tales or suggestions re set up (the same goes for a Metabo thick/planer which is still in its box)?

steve

Hi Steve
Don't assume that it is set up properly from the factory. Even if it was when it left, things can move in transit.
Spend a few bob on a good blade. Doug Perry is your man for that. Tell him what kind of work you intend to do and he'll sort you out with the right blade at the right price.
Don't rely on books and magazines, particularly American ones (FWW is one of the worst offenders), or Youtube, for operational instructions, there is is a lot of very bad practice out there.
Spend some time making some useful accessories, such as pushsticks and a short fence. An earlier version of mine can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7QXIN2X ... ture=g-upl
I use a more developed version now, but the principle is the same.
HTH
Steve

doug perry is a member on here "cutting solutions". the website shows a selection of the stock, but only a fraction so best to message him or call.

Back