New spray gun needed - upgrade.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey folks currently own Earlex 5000 station and once learnt how to use I great results, didn't really get on with paints etc. All I use now is Morrells waterborne lacquers primer and top coat, clear and colour matched etc straight through the unit with no thinning. I'm ready for more power/speed, higher out put I guess. Will £400 get me what I'm after, been looking the Apollo 1500, advice required. I'd like to stay with the hvlp dedicated system rather than large compressor. Off to Morrells tomorrow to pick up an order so will have a word there also and they sell systems, Chris is very helpful (Bristol branch) Really looking for a heads up

James

Bought Morrells own brand 3 stage turbine station. Sprayed with it this afternoon, very powerful and much quicker. That is all

Cost?

I use the Fuji mini-mite 3 (3 stage) with gravity gun and impressed with it's use. Only used with Morrells w/b primers and lacquers which are a treat straight out the container.

£289 + vat. I was pretty impressed with that price. Very solid unit, lovely gun and plenty powerful. It has lots of adjustments too, on the unit and on the gun. Will take a little getting used too after the Earlex, as I put a little too much on last night!!! So much quicker though. Had the Axi email today see they're doing the fuji unit.

Yes, Axi do Fuji unit (as do/did Rutlands) but not much competition on price. I managed to buy the turbine on an online auction site over £100 cheaper, so overall price just a bit more than what you paid.

Ha, despite reading up on spray technique etc I too got overconfident/impatient and applied too many/too thick coats and found out later in runs and crazing that more/thinner coats with a few minutes to dry inbetween is quicker/better in the long run.

Graco turbo force 9.0 is the best I used so far. Bit pricey but worth it every penny.
4stage turbine got lots of power . May be worth looking into.

Latest posts

Back