New Shop Vac - Dust Collector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
I am retiring my Fein 40Lt to the garage, I have some power tools in the garage and the car gets cleaned occasionally. I am tired of lugging the 40Lt Fein from the workshop to the garage, it's a heavy beast and there are numerous obstacles in the way.

I'll use its replacement for hoovering around the bandsaw, drill press, floor, benches and occasionally to some power tools although I have a Festool that does that job mostly.

I can't complain about the Fein 40LT, it has been in use for about 10 years and I have had no trouble with it. I have a budget of around £250.00, which is about the cost of the Fein 25/30Lt models. Should I stick with Fein or look at something else? Looked at the Axminster site today and the Makita equivalent looked very attractive

J

I am retiring my Fein 40Lt to the garage, I have some power tools in the garage and the car gets cleaned occasionally. I am tired of lugging the 40Lt Fein from the workshop to the garage, it's a heavy beast and there are numerous obstacles in the way.

I'll use its replacement for hoovering around the bandsaw, drill press, floor, benches and occasionally to some power tools although I have a Festool that does that job mostly.

I can't complain about the Fein 40LT, it has been in use for about 10 years and I have had no trouble with it. I have a budget of around £250.00, which is about the cost of the Fein 25/30Lt models. Should I stick with Fein or look at something else? Looked at the Axminster site today and the Makita equivalent looked very attractive

J

I have the Makita 30l model and it’s fine.
But, I also have a Metabo ASR25 L SC which I think beats the Makita hands down.
Its manufactured as an L class but the filters are M Class and extraction is very good .
Its not as light and it is louder than the Makita but has more suction and feels better built IMHO.
Paid around £300 a year ago for the Metabo but notice that it’s around £250 at FFX.

I can’t help with the Makita as I don’t have one. I do have the smaller Fein you mention connected to my Kapex permanently via a large diameter hose and it does a fine job. I’d rate the suction just as highly as my Festool vac and I think that’s the bees knees. No alarm or shaker as it’s L class, but it does the job for me. There’s a guy on YouTube who does a thorough technical comparison of all the shop vacs that might be worth a watch? I can’t remember which one came out on top though:)

Back