New shed/workshop build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedifice

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I would add a thread about my new shed build.

I hada 10' x 8' shed that I have taken down. I then bought a new 10' x 8' shed and plan to join them together to create the godzilla of 10' x 8. sheds.

my plan is to have a good storage area with a 'clear' working area, this will also give me a good 18' space to builda canoe in.

I have attached a pic below of the base and the stack of sheds.

IMG_0474.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 2,642
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,649
Yeah, always interesting to follow. Would love to build my own some day. Just a question, it looks like you're not orientating the sheds in the same direction, why is that? Would it not be easier to have the gables in a line, or the sheds side by side? :)

Thanks for the replies.

It will defo have locks on teh inside and out. I only hope that any insulation is good enough to stop the sound so no one knows i am in there :).

Unfortunately the space is not ideal for two sheds length ways due to

a) the house, and
b) a tree.

Both of which I would happily have moved for improoved shedage but the wife did not agree.

I have now erected the sheds and hipped in the roofs so hope to add some pics tomorrow.

L.

So here are a couple of update pictures.

The shed is up and the roof is complete. I just have to complete the breaking through and It will be fully functional. I hope to use the wall that I cut out ot make a chicken coop.

You can see my son on the roof who was my felt fitting mate and passed me the tacks. We did not follow a full CDM on the construaction site but he was made to sit down all the time! The second is the internals.

I am look ing forward to fill it up :)

L.

Attachments

• shed1.jpg
    shed1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,085
  • shed2.jpg
    shed2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,084
shed up,
Felt on,
lining has begun.

The OSB I aquired from my local wood recycling depot. I have now also sourced a 3m cubed packing case that I will need to butcher for the rest of the lining but I hope that it will illicit enough ply for the complete inside.

I also have in the pipeline 2 laboratory workbenches being scapped at my place of employment.

happy days

Attachments

• finshed.jpg
    finshed.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,783
  • liningshed.jpg
    liningshed.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,783
Back