New second hand trailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
Picked myself up a nice little tipping trailer today for use behind the mower, but it's big enough to maybe of some use behind the car.

It's all good except guy says the tipping mechanism is a bit tight you have to use vice grips. No prob say I prolly won't get tipped much anyway.

Anyway I'm sure you know that I wasn't long home till I decided to investigate it.
It's just a small threaded collar pressed inside a plastic knob, which over time has loosened and commenced to slip.
Then some enterprising person applied vice grips and knocked it out of round making it hard to use.
My solution was to remove damaged threaded piece and replace it with a suitable nut pressed in it's place using the vice. The combination of the corners on the nut and the fact that the brand new nut is not binding at all means it's a super job.
But every silver lining has a cloud.
So if you see attached pic Part a is the threaded bar, part b is the knob and above the knob is a hole for a R clip.
I would like suggestions for suitable quarter inch washer to fill this space so the knob cant loosen at all, instead of loosening a quarter and then stopping.

Attachments

• R clip.png
    R clip.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 48
All good suggestions.

I had a flash of inspiration this evening.

How about boring another hole a quarter inch further down the bolt? :)

Back