New scriber design

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philip sewell

Established Member
Reaction score
As a lot of woodworkers are using the Pica and Tracer pencils I’ve designed a new scriber which will hold these pencils. Here are some pics of the final product.

TraicaPik-1.jpg
TraicaPik-4.jpg
Traicapik-5.jpg
TraicaPik-6.jpg
TraicaPik-9.jpg
TraicaPik-10.jpg
TraicaPik-12.jpg
TraicaPik-product.jpg

Phil.
tooleypark.com

The postie dropped one off the other day and I have to say that I'm very pleased with it indeed. It feels great in the hand, and, above all, it locks both the pivot and pencil firmly in place; I say this having bought the Tracer scriber which does neither (even with their very own pencil)🤦‍♂️

I've added more functionality to the scriber range with a base attachment for scribing more intricate shapes.
For anyone interested there are a couple of vids on this page of me scribing skirting and some brickwork.
It's takes a bit a practice to use but it does give good results.
Phil.

tooleypark.com
bespokehandmadeboxes.co.uk

base-attachment-10.jpg
base-attachment-12.jpg

Thanks for pointing these errors out Nelsun.

I made quite a few alterations over the weekend and these slipped through the net!

Sorted now.

The problem with any scribe using a pencil is that the offset changes very fast as the lead wears.

That is the reason why I stick to my old scribes with iron points scratching the wood. I have pondered about a solution for quite some time and not been abe to come up with anything so far.

Back