New Scheppach kit - when is it available?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digizz

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd finally decided to buy a TS2000 and HMS260 in about 4 weeks time.

Now I read about the newer cast iron versions - anyone know when these will be available in the UK? menatnma?

Thanks.

If I remember correctly I think they are coming out in May. I'm waiting for Richard (menatnma) to send me some pictures so I can upload them.

Hi Digizz

Digizz":3be4kbhu said:
I'd finally decided to buy a TS2000 and HMS260 in about 4 weeks time. Now I read about the newer cast iron versions - anyone know when these will be available in the UK? menatnma? Thanks.

The situation, as told to me by nma, is as follows: -

260. They have a prototype cast iron 260 in their premises. Expect stock to be available in 5 - 6 weeks.

4010. This will be available in May.

2500. Will follow on late May/June.

2000. Will follow on later.

If you want to see the new 260 then look here and scroll down (ps it helps if you can read German)
http://www.scheppach.com/presse/pressestimmen.html

This is the translation: -
Hobelmaschinen with plangenauen tables out of cast iron and the unique Scheppach-Vorschubsystem enable plangenaue Hobelergebnisse without impressions of feed roll and
paragraphs. The large, breadth adjustable Abrichtanschlag quickly can be blocked with the Excenterklemmung and is revolving until 45°. The integrated Microschalter,
that an unintentional turning on prevents in the converting, offers optimal security. The additional tool spindle and the special reception system enable the fast
converting to further wood preparation machines, like table milling machine and long hole drilling machine.

Cheers
Neil

The Scheppach site press release seems to describe only an HMS260ci, called 'the basis for a combi system'. The current ci machines have extra motors etc to allow add-ons of morticers etc - and cost much more for the privilege!

I hope we will be able to buy a straight planer-thicknesser at a sensible price.

Roy

Hi Roy

RoyS":3kelgu0q said:
I hope we will be able to buy a straight planer-thicknesser at a sensible price.

The information I was given was that the cast iron versions would replace the current ones and the P/T would cost about an extra 100 pounds. They weren't sure about the increases in price on the tablesaws.

The Jet range has obviously hit them, because Jet are selling about five SS's a day.

Cheers

Neil

Neil, Five a day? Really? :shock:

John, dunno about you, but I can't help wondering if the world really needs yet another version of that lathe but with a different set of stickers on it :roll: I suppose if you want to colour match your machinery it's good news :?

Cheers, Alf

I had wondered about the lathes - as I hadn't seen Scheppach show any interest in this market before - that explains it.

To be fair, not every machine made from the same castings is the same quality. Bearings and motors can make the difference between a few years and a few decades of use. Not only that, you can spend longer on precision grinding surfaces, and they still look the "same" machine.

I'm only presenting an alternative view - it would be interesting to see what NMA can dig up for us on this?

Adam

asleitch":6abkhspl said:
To be fair, not every machine made from the same castings is the same quality. Bearings and motors can make the difference between a few years and a few decades of use. Not only that, you can spend longer on precision grinding surfaces, and they still look the "same" machine.
Yeah, fair enough, I was generalising just a smidgeon. :wink: But surely we can't have reached the ultimate design in affordable lathes, have we? If that's the basic design all the manufacturers are opting for, and they're all doing the best for their customers, presumably we must conclude "yes". Glad I'm not in lathe design... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf

Alf":3g8fonk0 said:
Neil, Five a day? Really? :shock:

That was the figure quoted to me by Jet at Ally Pally. It shocked me as well.

There was a tremendous amount of interest in the whole Jet range at Ally Pally and during the time I was at the stand they sold two saws and a jointer.

Cheers
Neil

with regards to Johns comments about being made in Germany, Scheppach do not say that the lathes are made in Germany or at least the newer ones shown on the web site. Scheppach have produced lathes for several years in their own factory on Germany, namely models DMT180 and DMV200 with a list price of £530 and £1063. resp.as you can see they are not the cheapest on the market and to be honest in this country, we sell very few due to the other makes and models available and at better(cheaper) prices.We sell our lathes mainly to the education sector with safety stops fitted etc. Scheppach have sold lathes but not in great quantities, so maybe with new manufacturing opportunities arising in faraway places, they can produce lathes at a more reasonable price, hopefully at a quality to reflect Scheppach's image. No doubt time will tell. People are more aware these days of what is made in the Far East etc and perhaps this is why manufacturors try to bend the truth about where machines are made / assembled etc. As for the Scheppach table saws and planer/thicknessers coming through, the cast tops are made elsewhere but everything else is made in Germany and assembled in- house by Scheppach. Hope this clarifys things a bit. No doubt forum users will let us know their views.

Hopefully news of Kity and the buyout by Scheppach will be made available to forum users shortly, with specific news about spares for Kity users at present. I will try and keep people informed as much as poss,,
Richard one of the menatnma.

Hi Richard,

thanks for your response to Scheppach "Made in China" issue. You are right of course that they do not say "Made in Germany" but the implication is that they are. I am not really criticising Scheppach, outsourcing is a fact of business life but the fact they have chosen to do so, IMO will in the longer term, devalue their brand name because you no longer are sure of what you are buying.

Some importers will say (and believe), they have better source quality control for their machines and therefore are better than other simular machines from the same source.

My own experience in working with China and having transferred product from Europe to China, is that the quality level is the same, irrespective of cosmetic differences. Although the quality level is improving, in the mechanical field it is no where near as good as that in Germany. Maybe someday it will be.

Richard,

Do you have any info on timescales for the TS2000 ci and 260 ci ?

Will they be more expensive?

I'm looking to buy both of these + their dust extract in about 4-5 weeks time.

Paul.

as previously said, del times over next few months and yes they will be more expensive for all models except ts2000 range which may be cheaper.

Hi menatnma

menatnma":l40qahol said:
yes they will be more expensive for all models except ts2000 range which may be cheaper.

Is the 2000 now going to be manufactured/assembled in a country other than Germany so that Scheppach can compete at the low end?

Neil

The TS2000 will be not be made with cast iron tables and will be cheaper in the future. Exact prices not available yet. As for whereabouts of construction, no definate details yet but its looking like coming from a faraway destination.

Back